CFL Grow - How are my seedlings doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kushmas, Mar 16, 2015.

1. #1 Kushmas, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    It's my first grow ever so i'm open to any tips, i'm using Compact Florescent lights. They are just bag seeds. Right now I am in seedling stage as i planted them 2-3 days ago. However, my dumb a** broke one of the leaves off one of my seedlings but it still seems to be doing good! I will be moving the plants outside at a certain point i'm just using the cfls to start them off, i may grow one with the bulbs. I'm open to ANY TIPS from anyone who can help.

The lights I'm using are 40watt/150 watt equivalent. 4100K Cool White

Pics Below !!!

CAM00028.jpg

CAM00027.jpg

CAM00030.jpg

CAM00034.jpg

2. Any body ????

3. #3 Ebcrew, Mar 16, 2015
    Need more lights for sure. Try to get them 6500k

what kind of soil? looks like it could use more perlite

4. im just gonna use the 4100k and see how it goes, im using some soil i got from a planter in my backyard lol

5. Again im open to any tips

6. Keep your lights as close as possible without burning the plant

7. I wouldn't use that soil without amending it. Give my babies the best chance at producing the highest yield. Stunting them even a few weeks in the beginning can make a huge difference in yield later on.

Good luck!!

8. amending it? can you explain what that means

9. will the 4100k lights work ?

10. #10 Thicken Dense, Mar 16, 2015

It will work. 6500k bulbs will work better than 4100k for veg. 6500k bulbs + nutritious, well-drained soil together work infinitely better. There are soil amendments that give you bonuses against pests, drought, heat, cold, bonuses for strength, growth rates, ph balance, nutrition cycling.

I love to imagine growing weed as the ultimate role-playing game, because it is. You upgrade your skills, upgrade your equipment, stack loot. Potions and ingredients grant bonuses (bonuses stack too), good strategy increases win. I haven't seen your character sheet (old school, lol) but I'm sure you'll make it through the first level just fine.

But if you want some tips for advancing your grow then I'd focus mainly on your soil, that lighting will be irrelevant in a few weeks. But it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to the right spectrum, I'm amazed at some of the growth rates I've had under cfl bulbs.

11. Thanks for the feedback! im worried about the leaf i broke off

12. also, what is the best soil to use? that i can get at home depot, walmort, rona etc...

13. #13 Thicken Dense, Mar 16, 2015
  14. I bought promix with mycorise from menards. It's a mixture of peat moss, perlite, and sea-based compost. Cost me 3 bucks for a huge bag.

15. #15 RUSH Fanatic, Mar 16, 2015
    curious to see how it goes.

I was in your shoes 6 months ago, and believe it or not, my 1st two plants are just now 1 week into 12/12 flower cycle. I call them my Stunted Hemlocks. I'm on my 2nd set of sprouts now, Blue Dream + Unknown, but still trying to figure out the correct amount of light in that 1-2 week stage.

Eventually you are going to need way more light. What's your post-seedling plans? size of your room, budget for more lights, etc?  [​IMG]

A grow log of my progress in the RUSH Album in my sig [​IMG]

Cheers!

Ive never had success with those cheap bags of soil. Any 3-4 dollar bag from homedepot my plants didnt do well. Best to order Happy frog or even better Ocean Forest off amazon for when you transplant.

17. Very vague .. "any 3-4 dollar bag". It was on discount and it's reputable. Do some research man. Not everyone has to use fox farms or the best fucking bodacious bud brightener

Yes they do!  [​IMG] 

All is for the best
    Believe in what we're told
    Blind man in the market
    Buying what we're sold
    #RUSH, Clockwork Angels, BU2B (2012)

dont get all butt hurt. Theres probably a reason why its 3 bucks and im just going off my experience with 3 dollar soil, it sucks. spend a little bit more to get better results. Happy frog isnt that much. 20 bucks for a big bag.

20. I'm not complaining about the price but I don't believe everyone should buy one soil.