CFL Auto Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bongculture, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Sup homes,

Thought I'd set up a journal so i may leach upon the brains of you keen horticulturalists out there, been following this forum for some time now and as luck would have it the post man arrived early with my stuff... I've just started germination of the 2 Purple Cheese autoflowers I plan on growing in my 5x3x3 closet. I'm using a 300 watt dual spectrum CFL bulb alongside bio bizz all mix soil (gonna buy some nutes in the coming weeks) and I've hooked up a carbon filter, a 6" hortiline fan, some devilishly tricky to put up Mylar and a temp/humidity reader...

I'm curious as to whether one or maybe two 4" PC fans would be enough to suck air through the ducting and Into the filter, and whether this bulb will be enough for the two plants? I'm hoping to try and get them as tall as possible as I have a lot of height to play with so any suggestions would be awesome!

Attached Files:

2. Thats a nice little setup!

3. if ya want them tall put some more cfls round at different hights as penatraion isnt as good with cfls but them 300watt duals look nice :) proper nice set up did you make the cab your self or was it an old cabinet.

4. #4 loki125, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    and for fans the higher the cmf(i think) the more airnit will pull it shoikd say on the specs how much they move

5. cheers man!

6. sweet exactly what I was thinking, they're big and expensive but I helped a friend with a similar grow and it turned out pretty well :) I have a triple wardrobe built into my bedroom, I had to sacrifice my third for the cause

7. clothes are over rated lol. nice tho you gonna try tieing branches down so they spread a little bit to get best out of ya cfls

8. I'm not too sure I didn't want them growing too short and bushy

9. is it a auto sativa or a indica cross

10. It's a cross, a tad more indica than sativa, supposed to have a 2-3 foot growth

11. wouldnt bushy give you better light as to u have cfl and thus better bud i may be wrong tho or you could expeiement as you have two plants right?

12. I suppose I could try it, I don't have a lot of space width ways thus thought grower them taller would be better, when I added more lights

13. thats true you got 3 ft by 3 ft width and depth hmm dunno i guess see how they grow and add light as and when needed

14. Please tell me that's not water in them bowls next to your electrics?

15. lol no man electrics are getting moved

16. Haha, good. I'm normally very careful when it comes to electrics, the other day I wasn't careful enough n drilled straight into my light's power cable luckily it just burnt and I had another. very scary lol

17. I'm an audio technician so electrical safety is always a must with me especially as I have my lil'un sleeping in the next room, wouldn't wanna chance a fire :S sounds like summot i'd do lol you can always rewire the old one

18. Nice, clean setup. Good luck to ya!

19. lol i make electronics so ive rigged up temp sensors ro shut mine of if it was to ever get to 50deg c all electrics get cut off and at 40 deg c an alarm sounds buts it has never gone above 23 lol tho safty first hey