Cfl and Flouro Seedling and veg

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RastaRoi, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Ive got 10 seeds on the way and ive veged before with 4x 40w t-12 with some success. I was thinking about adding 4x 14w 5000k cfl. would this be any benifit during seedling and Veg periods. and how often should I replace the t-12s. I got all the lights at Home Depot. So to sum thing up, Ill be using 4 x t-12 at 40w and 4 x 14w cfl. Is this an adequate amount of light for Seedling and veg?:rolleyes:

2. you will need to have those within an inch of the plant. and move them up daily to keep from burning. t-12<t-5<cfl<led<mh you also want to stay in the 5500-5700 range if possible. but those should work fine. they are just prone to a lot of stretching.

3. See it as the seedling and the veg. are two separate stages the plants go through, seedling for most is about 2 weeks, when the plants are about 2" wide on the main leaves and about 4" tall, then you can go veg stage, 18/6.
    To get them to this stage many growers totally under estimate the importance of maintaining a correct temperature, of about 75f/25c, keep them at this temp, you will be amazed, my clones are under a T8 rig, few here use T12's any more, so long as you T12 is 4' and over you should be fine. consider upgrading to the infamous T5 rack that I've been considering for some time, see Hank Alveraz, here on GC light.
    Keep 'em warm, and include a pc fan in veg.

peace
    "V"