CFL-3rd Indoor/1st Cabinet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indobud1212, Oct 17, 2010.

1. #1 Indobud1212, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    Hello GC,

Decided to start a new journal for my 3rd CFL indoor closet growing attempt. 1st was a fail per it being male, 2nd is currently in Flowering stage. I am inducing it to 12/12 TODAY. Click link below to view current status under 2nd CFL Closet Grow. Now this is my 3rd Indoor Closet Grow attempt. I will try to keep current status updates as much as posiible. Currently i have 2 beans sprouting. 1 is up and out and the other is peeking its head. I have just set up the vegative stage chamber by simply installing the shelf it was initially going to be used for Flowering stage but my plant's to wide already. I still need to install the black out linen since i currently dont have mylar. I plan to keep these 2 in there Vegative Chamber. My goal is to let them both grow till about 2ft or so fully harvested. I will post up new pics in a bit of the new set up in the cabinet. These are pics of the sprouts in the closet. Enjoy.:hello:

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      277.5 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      229.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      234.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Hello GC,

Everything seems to be running smoothly. I got bored and decided to use up the black out linen since at the
    moment I dont have the cash for mylar. Plus i couldnt find any at local hardware stores only found insulation with
    reflective backing similar to mylar but im holding off on it cus it will take up a couple of inches off the
    interior space. Which is already semi small. One of the beans is about 1 week older then the other bean. Well
    thats it for now. Enjoy pics.

Attached Files:

• 033.JPG
      033.JPG
      File size:
      316.3 KB
      Views:
    • 027.JPG
      027.JPG
      File size:
      260.6 KB
      Views:
    • 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      298.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Hello GC,

Today i decided to murder one of the beans cause it wasnt moving, also due to
    the fact that im also starting a sea of green (4). Maybe the lights were to strong,
    who knows. Either way its a damn swag bean so no loss. Ive also made a modification to
    cabinet which is always being improved. I added 2 120mm PC fans.

I decided to keep the surviving bean named Papa Smurf. It looks nice and healthy for its 5inch's of length hehehe. Well
    I also decided to experiment and see what type of yield this bean will bring if i
    started it on 12/12 at this early in life. Also with my current Widow when i started it
    i just did the 12/12 switch.

I read on some websites that its good to keep the plant in total darkness for 36-48
    before switching to 12/12 to stimulate flowering, so also decided to try that with this
    experimental Papa Smurf. See lets see what happens.I have set it now in total darkness and plan to bring out and set up under 12/12 with my
    current flowering Widow which appears to be a female.

Attached Files:

4. Hello GC,

Well i placed Papa Smurf in total darkness for about 36 hours and just let him out today. Will see whats up....

5. nice indoor Indobud, hope this one goes well for you.

6. Murdering the weak to favor the strong is always good in an indoor grow.
    There's no point in wasting resources on plants that won't yield properly.

So I hear you lke improvements?
    Maybe you can construct some kind of frame to which can attach the cables and lights.
    This way it'll be less messy, risky and you have a platform to build some reflectors on above the lights to make sure the light goes down to the plants and not up to the ceiling. If you do, make sure to give the light some ventilation holes right above them.

7. #7 Indobud1212, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    Hey Urgr8estfear,

Thanks for the reply. The light socket actually came from a DIY Light Fixture : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_QRorECvo]YouTube - How To Build a CFL Grow Light Fixture - CHEAP![/ame] , but it was made for my old cardboard growbox. Which was way wider then this cabinet so I removed the aluminum duct reflector thing. I am thinking of upgrading the light to this minus 2. http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/676434-build-simple-8x100w-cfl-lighting-unit.html .

8. Hello GC,

Hope everyones great. To begin Papa Smurf is looking healthy and green. This bean is from some street mid grade.
    It is also the experimental plant. As i learn more and more from GC :) i will try new techniques. With that said
    we all know Papa Smurf has been placed under 12/12 at 5 inches. Currently its about 7 inches and was going on the
    second row of nodes. I read about prunning and supercropping and also topping. I have never done any of the above
    and currently my female is in flowering stage and i dont want to take any chances screwing with her so Papa Smurf
    decided to volunteer. I topped it and will add pics. I am unsure if this process will even work since its so small
    but thats way its my experimental friend. Any input welcomed. Pics Below :)

Attached Files:

9. so you topped then your switching to 12/12,

if so thats wrong.

you need her to grow more in veg when topped.

that plant wont yield over an quarter if you don't let it grow more,

10. Hey Pigpen03,

This is my experiment so I knew I was going to do something wrong lol. Um so I placed in 36 hour darkness sunday and took it out on Tuesday so it was on 12/12 for about 2 days. So I was suppose to let it get about 1ft then top. After topping does 2 stems grow back if done correctly?

11. Time to close the chapter on this young beans life, I regret to inform the follower's of GC that Papa Smurf has passed. Moved on to greener or dryer pastures. He turned out to be a male. 2 balls hanging in between node. Till the next adventure!! Blaze on :)