cfl 2700 k ok or not for veg

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by beer__guzzler, Jun 17, 2007.

1. i have 2 6400 k cfls on my plants at the time but i have like 6 other cfls and their 2700 k and i was wondering if its ok to have the 2700 k cfls on during the veg stage as i already have the cfls and if i dont have to i wont buy any more right now. if someone could tell me if the 2700 k are ok it would be great

2. More light helps, more light of the right spectrum is optimal. The 2700k lights certainly won't hurt anything, and will come in handy once you start flowering :)

3. theres nothing wrong with giving your plant the full light spectrum :) I heard adding red makes the stems stronger.

4. ok just another question can you grow a plant on just 2700 k cfls alone or do you need some with 6500 k cause im thinking of making another grow box and instead of ordering some cfls that are 6500 k ill just go to town and buy a few 2700 k as thats all thay sell locally.

5. yes. If you want to use just 2700k's then make a clone chamber where you can just flower them from the start. Thats what i'm gonna do :) I have about 70watts of 2700k's laying around I wanna put to good use :)