Certain websites loading extremely slow

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by CousCous, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys I've searched everywhere but I can't find an answer other than to re-install the OS completely (which I plan on doing next week.)

Some websites I go to, like trulia.com, nhl.com, and a few others run really slow. I think I deleted a file on accident that I probably shouldn't have(almost positive this is the issue, I just don't know what file was deleted lol). I'm trying to find a damn apartment and it takes like 3 minutes to load each listing. My comps not the problem, it's a pretty good rig.

Not sure if anyone knows what trulia runs off of, but I'd really appreciate any help.

2. Is your flash player up to date? Which browser are you using?

3. I don't know of any files that if deleted would make random websites load slow. I don't think that's your problem. Are you using any ad blocker software? firewall?

4. I use Chrome, but I've tried it on Explorer and Firefox and it's the same shitty speed. Chrome automatically updates flash player.

Adblock plus and Comodo antivirus

5. Sure its not just slow servers that you are trying to connect too? Some popular sites just have slow loading times at high traffic times like 3-4pm when people off of school and work....

Where they always slow or just now suddenly slow?

Have you tried to reset your router?

I doubt its due to a file you deleted, but you may be able to just revert back to a previous date using restore.

Re-installing the OS seems like it would be unnecessary.

6. They weren't always slow, and my house-search has gone fine on my laptop(which is 3 years old.) The PC was built last year, but no matter what time I'm on, the same websites run like shit lol.

I've reset the router, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either. And for some reason, Windows 7 won't let me pick any dates to revert back to past a month. It's been like this for about 3 months. :confused:

Usually I'm pretty good with computers, but I'm stumped on this one. :(

7. Have you tied disabling your adblock and antivirus? some antiviruses will scan each file being stored on your computer, including cookies, internet history files, and any other files a web browser dumps to your HD while browsing the web.