Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Censorship

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iSPARK, Apr 4, 2011.

1. I hate censorship. Anyone else think it's kinda annoying how this site is censored. They stop people from talking about illegal things like torrents but encourage talking about weed... which is in most cases illegal. And I know it's like "their house their rules" but I just compare it to government censorship lol. Anyone else agree?

2. No, I don't agree.

3. well considering the site is local to a place where marijuana is legal, and things like torrents, other drugs and such are not, it makes perfect sense. there are other forums for drugs of different varieties. this is grasscity, not herionhaven. :wave:

4. if u want to talk about other drugs/shit go on another forums, gc is for weed and weed associated subjects

5. posted in another (similar) thread. good answer.

6. I agree. TALKING about ANYTHING is just talking. There should be no censorship for the exchange of ideas, text, words, etc.

DOING anything is a lot different from just talking about it.

7. Not really... Movies and music are the intellectual property of others... I really don't approve of people torrenting and downloading things illegally. Cheap asses.

8. Why is everyone using the comparison of other drugs? I never once said that. The reason the site was created was for weed. I understand. I'm saying like not being able to talk about emulators and ROMS in the gaming section? It makes sense but I just don't see why they have to have a cock in their ass about it.

9. Yeah, well...I'm sure they will change the rules if you agree to pay their legal fee's come the time they get sued for promoting illegal (key word there) activities. Unlike TPB, this site is located somewhere that is indeed under an international contract protecting copyright infringement.

10. Weed=Victimless
    Torrents=Not Victimless

11. You are unrealistic. That's like Youtube getting sued because there was a video on how to torrent on there. Or every site/game/anything that has to do with talking to people online having NO TALKING ABOUT TORRENTING in their terms of use, and NO TALKING ABOUT J WALKING, and NO TALKING ABOUT STEALING. What users do can't be held accountable by the site.

12. And there is no law against promoting torrents, distributing yes.

13. What users talk about on the site however is held accountable by the site, you can debate this with me all you want...But trust me when I say I know an awful lot more about legal issues as they pertain to a website than you do.

14. Considering you don't know me you just made a stab in the dark so that comment is now not valid, and by saying "trust me" and saying something doesn't prove anything.
    But trust me I'm a flying meatball man.
    See how that works?

15. I think we should be able to talk about dealing marijuana.
    We can talk about every other part of weed.
    Basically everyone has to go to a dealer.
    It's shitty, but it is worth it with such a good community.:)

16. Cool, bro. Still doesn't change the facts.

17. once again man, we can't. illegal. everyone knows that a lot of people on here deal, and that's fine. as long as we're not talking about it then we're good.

and not everyone has to go to a dealer. many people on this site, i would be, do not.