Cell Phones Influence on Society

Discussion in 'General' started by MrGers, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Is it possible that the fact that almost everyone uses a cell phone to tell the time, and cell phones pretty much are all timed by satellites, is it possible that more people do things more on time now a days than 20 years ago? Will there be any reason to learn how to read an analog clock in the near future? Is Rolex losing business? For the first time in history we have a completely, down to the minute, synchronization of the populace. The term "synchronize your watches" will lose ALL MEANING. discuss.

2. Possible but not in the near future. Wristwatches still make a status statement especially rolex. Eventually we may move to full digital.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk]YouTube - Texting While Driving PSA[/ame] :(

4. is it weird that i just watched that vid on fb where someone posted it. then came on GC, opened the thread and saw the same exact vid. WTF:confused::eek::smoke:

5. haha man a couple of days ago i posted it on fb as well, its mad sad man :( but this shit happens

6. nothing to do with anything, people set their car clocks to their cell phones. the time telling evolution will not be affected by no cell phones while driving laws.

7. I say no. There will always be rich people who need to drop money on something.

And the rest I don't get. Maybe I'm just high.

8. #8 Diceman, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    Yea watches will just keep turning into more of a fashion item then something we actually use.

I don't even use my watch. It's analog and I gotta think to figure out the time (sad I know) so I just use my phone for that.

It's also my calender, alarm, notepad, and photo album.

Watches still look nice though..I got this black steel one with a red ring and red accents. Shits sharp :smoke:

Oh and people are always late. If anything we're late more often now..we try to cram 48 hours worth of crap in 1 day..just doesn't work out well.