CBS News: Discrimination against whites IS civil rights!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Thats right, to uphold discrimination against whites shows that you are a civil rights leader. Yes, this is the fucked up country we live in now.

CBS Frames New Haven as 'Conservative' Justices vs 'Civil Rights Leaders'
    Notice how they make sure to call the people who voted to over turn the ruling as "conservatives". I think this proves once again that these so called civil rights leaders only care about their own. Progress is discrimination against whites.

Fucking mind blowing. :confused:

2. Doesnt surprise me.

3. More and more I'm realizing that the civil rights movement after MLK, became about payback and not equality.

4. #4 stoned budda, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009

Its no as much about payback as it is about getting paid. Civil Rights, racism, etc. are all big business.

Oh why couldnt Jesse Jackson have taken the bullet for DR. King.

5. Its undeniable at this point. These 4 self described champions of equality have basically endorsed discrimination against whites. This should be a huge wake up call to America, but I think we both know it wont be.

6. Me either.

Liberalism is oppressive.

7. Fixed. In my opinion, liberalism is one of the strongest forms of doublethink.

I am so glad the supreme court voted the way it did:hello::smoke:

Although it is pretty appalling that it was BARELY passed 5-4

8. Its down right disturbing and it confirms what I've thought for a long time. That the civil rights movement after MLK became about getting back at the perceived white bogeyman. Its just hard to beleive white people would defend the legality of discriminating against white people. Especually ones that supposedly champion equality and civil rights.

9. Yeah, because there was no more racism or race inequality after MLK was shot.

Things like affirmative action and anti-discrimination laws (while maybe misguided) were not put in place to get back at whites. They were put in place to level the playing field. Whether or not they were effective and the right thing to do, they certainly didn't have the retaliatory motives you ascribe them.

10. I know a white guy who moved here from South Africa because of reverse discrimination.

He believes that it is now becoming as bad here as it is there.

People are running out of places to flee oppression on this planet.

11. You misunderstood me. I'm saying the movement turned bad after MLK. MLK had the right idea, but the people who hijacked the movement don't.

When the supreme court is ruling for discrimination of white people, something has gone wrong. I don't care what the intentions are, its paving the way for a new era of racism and discrimination.

12. Fair enough. But there certainly was more progress to be made after MLK died. As long as you acknowledge that, we're good.

The Supreme Court only deals with constitutionality of laws. There were city laws in place that forced them to throw out the test result. That's why the four dissenting justices voted the way they did. They didn't think the laws were unconstitutional.

And this happened not because the mayor hated whitey, but because the town tried to stop the discrimination against blacks that used to be so pervasive in our country. The laws were put in place, just like affirmative action, to try to forcibly even the playing field so blacks would get the same opportunities as whited do/did. I don't like it, but I do understand it. Blacks do still have harder times finding jobs, so I empathize with the urge to protect their interests.

13. #13 maxrule, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009

Well that is what it is being used for now.

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life," Sotomayor

14. That's what they are SUPPOSED to do. That anachronistic piece of paper is second to their moral compass and compassion.

15. Haha I thought about that as I was typing it. Yeah, I should've add the supposed to qualifier.

16. Haven't us poor white people been through enough?

Oh well, at least I can escape to my private golf course where there aren't black people to discriminate against me for miles!

17. Haven't us poor humans been through enough? (Then why are our own hands to blame?)

18. You're a great example of what brain washing does to people. You gotta love how your first line of attack is to imply anyone who is against the discrimination of a white man MUST be a racist who golfs. The disturbing thing is you have no idea how bigoted you're being.

You're whats known as a "useful idiot".