Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD vs. THC

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by rastagurlx90, Nov 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hey. Anyone has experience with mixing like a regular bud with high thc level and CBD wax? I heard that THC and CBD are displacing each other, and the effect isn't what it should be. Your thoughts?

2. They kind of work together, depending on the objective.
    CBD does lessen the panic of a higher THC strain. Both work to help heal.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MMJ products often contain higher CBD and lower THC ratios. You can find 25:1 , 16:1 or 1:1 ... Each one is going to be specific to the patient's needs. CBD can lessen the affects of THC, but you can still get pretty well medicated with a 1:1 strain.
    16:1 you will likely feel relaxed, but barely "high".

4. Thc only negates the bad effect of the high there ment to work together helps stop anxitiy and panic, paranoia when smoking high thc strains.

• Like Like x 1
  5. While CBD may help some people it did Zero for me. I learned I needed very high levels of THC to get real relief from my pain. The higher the CBD levels the less effective it is for my particular issues.
    While it leaves me stoned off my ass it kills the pain in short order and I can live with the stone much better then I do with PAIN !!
    <--- cries like a baby when I hurt. :)

BNW

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. For me, when i am in real pain i will vape normal bud and CBD crystals. I find this calms me and that helps with, if nothing else, forgetting the pain.
    I do not feel it takes away something from the high of the weed, I am a regular CBD and THC user. I take 4 drops (total 20mg) morning noon and night of 1000 mg cbd oil, I am still not satisfied with the results, and i am looking for the therapeutic window.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 Canabyst, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
    THC mimics a chemical called anandamide (aka “the bliss molecule”) and makes you feel high. CBD does not bind to CB1 receptors, which is why you don’t feel intoxicated when you consume CBD. However, CBD does bind to CB2 receptors.

Although CBD does not directly bind to the CB1 receptor, it inhibits an enzyme called Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase (FAAH). FAAH is known to break down anandamide. In essence, when CBD inhibits FAAH, anandamide levels can build up and stay in the body for longer.

Self promotional link removed - ICGreen

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. About a year ago maybe longer i became too sensitive to THC and had to take a vacation by using more CBD to THC ratio. In fact for a period of several months i avoided regular THC dominant cannabis in all forms. CBD fell short of giving the same relief however, there is no comparison.. if anything i felt slightly groggy and sedated but it wasn't fun and productivity suffered.

A few weeks ago i decided it was time to snap out of it so started back with some Sativa and upped the caffeine intake (it too in the past i had to restrict or would have side effects).. But it seems that either my chemistry has changed or other factors as now i can juggle (balance) it all easier and rely less on CBD but still use it.

Not only are we all different as far as tolerance and reactions but over time our sensitivity and reactions change to THC it appears. So sure you can get feedback from others but it may not apply to you... or it may apply to the you - you were a yr ago but not now...

Did i lose anyone? :laughing:

• Like Like x 5
  9. My experience with CBD started with liquid and I did experience a little pain relief but I was also using THC so who knows for sure. Recently I had the chance to smoke some CBD and it felt totally different and more instant effect. I dont know the ratio of cbd and thc in what I smoked but it was a sativa and it was very uplifting and pleasant. If I have a choice Id smoke it. I am thinking of growing this next year.

10. The CBD flower however isn't made from hemp like a lot of CBD oil is which has less than 0.3% THC in it is... That is why it may give you a little lift based on it's THC content... I did find smoking the high ratio CBD flower served like a placebo that helped me take a long vacation from THC dominant strains however. Can't say i ever had even a little buzz from it, a mild wave of relaxation and calmness maybe. Even that i suspected of being psychological...

• Like Like x 1
  11. While I dont use CBD or THC for pain, I have many clients who do and from them and further reading I have gathered that for conditions causing pain from inflammation (i.e. arthritis) CBD is amazing at causing relief. However, it does dick all for neuropathic pain and this is where THC comes in. THC actually blocks pain receptors in the brain, and thus why you get the relief that you do from it.

While you and I may love the adventure of getting wrecked off our face, some of my clients actually are scared of being in such a state, yet have pain that only THC can relieve. For them, I work with them in finding a dose of CBD to THC, where they get pain relief, yet are not all panicky from the THC and are still semi-functional.

Personally, I use CBD and THC not for physical pain, but for anxiety and depression and therefore finding the right dose for me is different than someone looking for pain relief. I am finding that I prefer to always have some sort of mix, as I really enjoy the softer high it gives. The ratios change, depending on how wrecked or functional I want or need to be, but with the price of isolate being so cheap, all my highs have some sort of CBD in them.

12. Thank you Brio33 - I'm relating to your input more than most! Do you have specific brands you recommend I can purchase online or is that a waste of time? If I go directly to a dispensary, do you have brands of CBD/THC you could refer? I'm looking for both naturopathic pain relief as well as help with sleep. My daughter needs assistance with migraines. CBD alone, in any quantity, does not work for us. But maybe a 1:1 strain...or depending on the ailment, I'll vary the CBD, but leave the THC @ 1. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. You mentioned you have clients...are you able to privately send me your bio or website info? No worries if not.

13. Brio33 - left you a reply above! Thx!

14. that is not true really ... Indica means myrcene and other monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes that make it an indica .. Indica is THC mainly ... in fact CBD cannabis is mostly Sativa genetics !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #15 Luks1984, Jun 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    I never liked to mix thc with cbd.. i had to be almost 2 months thc free, just to feel the cbd effects right. if you're still on thc, the cbd will not work well.. you'll miss the high of thc. when 2.5 months thc free, i started taking cbd, and finally felt the effects of cbd in a right way. but i want to try out some 1:1 strains in the future for sure. it all depends on how high you already have a tolerance with thc. if the tolerance is low, the cbd will work great, if the tolerance is high, the cbd won't work at all. but everyone is different, that's how i feel, maybe others would have a completly different experiences. For me, cbd works very well the first 2 days i am taking it, then it loses effect, and i have to wait couple of days, and than taking it again, and than it works again very well. that's how it works for me. right now i am using cbd with a cbn, because cbd alone gives me more alertness, and i don't want that. but that mix of cbd with cbn gives me a really good sleep to be honest.

16. CBD and THC work well together. According to research, CBD and THC taken together are more effective than taking CBD or THC alone. Some may experience hunger, anxiety, and sedation when taking THC but CBD will help reduce these side effects and TCH will also help ease the side effects of the CBD, this is called the "entourage effect"

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #17 Lemonfox69, Mar 7, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    Originally strains found in Nature, before modern-man started to breed the shit out of Cannabis, had some generous CBD content which brought a far more (balanced-high) than modern day strains that are mostly bred for THC and Strength, that give you more of the "knock-out & numbing the pain" experience but less of the "psychedelic/healing/enlightening" experience that leaves you utilizing the medicine best, rather than relying on the medicine to "do the work" for you, you "apply" the medicines teachings and Integrate them so you heal. Modern-strains have been bred so far from their natural chemical-balance it greatly distorts the medicinal lasting effects people actually need.

I have realized when I started growing old strains organically, landrace, heirloom ect.. that have had minimal breeding and manipulation by the hand of man, naturally richer in CBD and ideal chemical-balance, I found the high to be very healing and long lasting which would give me the "nourishment" I needed to not have to keep going back for more daily like modern or street weed do, grown with chemicals and bred to a chemical-mess.

Its kinda like modern tobacco, our nature calls for "nicotine" but we are getting very small amounts from store bought cigarettes with little pure tobacco and mostly a concoction of harsh chemicals that only have you craving more and the chemicals make you more addicted. Its all become business and less about quality. Whereas if you have some ceremonial or traditional tobacco, rhape, mapacho, nicotina rustica ect.. its so strong you have it once in the morning, flooding your body with nicotine, and you won't need it again anytime soon.

Here is a good article to read CBD & the Psychedelic Receptor | Project CBD

In the end, less becomes more :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. CBD-a is the og cannabis compound ... the first phytocannabinoid ... THC-a was created later.
    Well, Actually CBG-a was the first one but that CBG-a then formed into CBD-a first before all other cannabinoids

• Like Like x 1