Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil for Leukemia (AML)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gatorsuf, Feb 3, 2015.

1. I have read of success stories of curing or treating Leukemia with CBD Oils. Most of these stories revolve around Phoenix Tears.

Is that the best strain to treat Acute Myeloid Leukemia? 

Is the Charlotte's Web Oil as effective as PT?

Is there another strain of CBD oil that would be more effective?

2. It's best to use a full-plant extract, not just CBD. I don't believe Phoenix Tears refers a particular strain. Instead, PT is Rick Simpson Oil (also called concentrated cannabis oil) and is a full-plant extract. 

3. #3 gatorsuf, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    So I take that to mean the Rick Simpson Oil (Phoenix Tears) is what he would want, since it is a full plant extract. Seems that it is a very expensive oil to make, from what I read you need about 60 grams to possibly see any results and that would require 1lb of cannabis.

How much is this oil at a dispensary? Or something similar?

Basically my I am looking to buy some and the person I am buying it from seems to know what she is selling, but I want to make sure it is the right stuff before I buy it.

4. Exactly, he would want the Rick Simpson Oil (Phoenix Tears) and you're correct about needing about a pound for 60 grams. Many dispensaries sell it for around $50 per gram, though some give a quantity discount. A single gram at Amsterdam's Gardens in San Jose is $50, but 30 grams is only $750.

5. #5 dabs710, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    I think we as a community need to stress that the Rick Simpson Oil is not specific to CBD, but is a full spectrum cannabinoid extract that is also very rich in THC. In his own words, he made oils out of the strongest Indica strains he could find that had a strong couchlock effect.