Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD Mold?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by mtam12, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Hey gang. I just finished drying my wife's ACDC CBD. I use one of those circle nets with compartments. I hung it in the unused bathroom with exhaust fan on and circulation fan for about 10 days.

Question - do the attached buds look like they have mold? I haven't seen it before so any help would be appreciated. I plan to only use these buds to make CBD gummies.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah that's mold alright.

I don't know what can be done with moldy bud,
    but someone will hopefully have a suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mold or mites either way they look pretty bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OK thanks. Odd these are the only ones with the issue.

5. I didn't see any more on the total of 11 ounces. If I missed any do you think its a health issue making gummies?

6. UVC light emits a deadly ozone that kills everything single celled
    Buy a UV-C light put weed and light in a cardboard box for 1 hr.
    end of fungus and insect larva.
    UV-C light will blind all animals.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. #7 BrassNwood, Nov 30, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Yes that IS mold.
    [​IMG]

Hang until the buds start to firm up.

[​IMG]

The small stuff should yank strip but the bigger nugs will need to be snipped free. Chop everything into thumb to golf ball sized nugs.

[​IMG]

Lay it out in shade during the day.

[​IMG]

Closed up in a bucket or other air snug container overnight. Out again the next day. Keep it agitated by stirring it up several times a day to keep it drying evenly. Yours molded because it was left in one position for the 10 days I'll bet.

Since your going to decarb it at 250 F for 50 minutes then process it in hot oil at 220 F for another 30 minutes or longer any remaining mold should be dead and harmless in the digestive tract. Discard any visibly infected material.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Is there a certain wattage UVC light I should get? I saw one on amazon for $20, just not sure that is good enough. Thx for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the thorough advise!! Appreciate it.

11. That's like polishing a turd.

12. Post link please to UV-C light .

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. However, if you're concerned about it, it's always better to err on the side of caution. Mold can be harmful if consumed, so it's important to make sure your buds are mold-free before using them for CBD gummies. I would suggest getting a second opinion from someone experienced in identifying mold on cannabis buds, or even consider consulting a professional in the field. It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your health. Good luck with your CBD gummies!