Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD and Male Hormones (Good News!)

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Storm Crow, Mar 31, 2023.

1. I was reading this study and though the guys here might find this to be very interesting. Instead of the abstract that I usually post up, this is from further on in the study. Link leads to the full study, and I've bolded the study's text. Most of the sentences are pretty clear, but I've translated a few of the sentences and put my translation in parentheses, just in case you just had a puff or two. :GettingStoned:

The Effects of Long-Term Self-Dosing of Cannabidiol on Drowsiness, Testosterone Levels, and Liver Function
    The Effects of Long-Term Self-Dosing of Cannabidiol on Drowsiness, Testosterone Levels, and Liver Function

FYI - TT = total testosterone, BMI = body mass index, and all of the subjects were taking CBD.

TT levels were available in 358 of the 369 males and 78 (21.8%) had a low level (<300 ng/mL).

TT was negatively correlated with weight and BMI but not with age.

(A higher level of total testosterone was associated with lower weight and BMI, but not with age.)

The prevalence of low TT was compared with population norms (Table 5).

The prevalence of low TT does not increase with age in this study as it does in the normal population [11].

(Apparently, taking CBD regularly protects against the normal age-related testosterone loss! :eek2: )

This decrease in prevalence is not due to exogenously administered testosterone, as only 4 individuals took testosterone supplementation (2 oral and 2 topical), 3 of whom had diabetes and the other had known primary testosterone deficiency.

(The decrease in the normal age-related testosterone loss was NOT due to the men taking testosterone pills since only 4 of the men used them.)

TT was negatively correlated with weight and BMI but not with age, while the daily dose of CBD per kg of body weight was positively correlated with TT (r = 0.16, p = 0.004) and negatively with low TT (r = 0.11, p = 0.036).

(Repeats previous info, and adds that a higher dose of CBD is related to a higher level of total testosterone and lower doses are associated with lower total testosterone.)

There is a lot more to CBD than "merely" preventing seizures! :yay:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1