Caving

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Any Blades on the site go caving?

I live in a great state for it and frequent a few fun caverns every once in a while. I'll post some pictures up of my next trip.

Anyone else?

2. I met this lady on a hiking trail where there's a few caves a few days ago and she was telling me how she went caving and all these cool stories about it. It definitely sounds like something I would love to try but I don't really like being enclosed in small spaces. I want to do it so bad though. Post some pics up!

3. I know my local national park has a few caves, only gone in one though. Wasn't really too spectacular since it was filled with water.

Unrelated, but my friends and I call my room the cave, which is where we all smoke. Whenever we smoke in the cave we call it caving, which is the only time I've ever heard or read the word caving, so the title bugged me out a little lol

4. ive been to wart gregory cave in NY, pretty awesome.
    going backpacking this weekend, Appalachian Trail, then caving again in the spring

5. My mom owns some property with 2 caves on it and I try to go caving as often as the water levels allow. I love it. The mix between crawling hands and knees to huge open rooms with skylights bringing in light from the surface....beautiful.

6. It is something I would like to get in over the next year or two. Gotta work on my climbing base after getting my fitness back... so much to do.

7. [quote name='"redheadedtoker"']My mom owns some property with 2 caves on it and I try to go caving as often as the water levels allow. I love it. The mix between crawling hands and knees to huge open rooms with skylights bringing in light from the surface....beautiful.[/quote]

that sounds so awesome.

8. It's quite awesome, I love taking friends down to see their faces when they see the skylights.