Cave curing?!?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spudder, Apr 28, 2009.

1. #1 Spudder, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Sup Outgrowers?! I've been recently thinking about ways to get around the system. There are a few caves I know about that absolutely no one knows about. How would drying in these caves be? The upsides are being totally isolated away from everyone. No one would be able to smell the bud, no matter how much you were drying. The only downside I can see from this is becoming bear/mountain lion shit, and possibly the bud drying out to fast? What do you guys think about my idea?!
    -Spud:smoking:

2. I was actually thinking about this the other day. While scouting for places to grow, I stumbled upon this sweet looking cave in the middle of nowhere. I guess animals would be a concern, but couldn't you figure out a way to close out the entrance to the cave?

3. depending on how rainy your area is, it could work out.... i would be more worried about the buds molding then drying too fast.... if your area is dry (below 40%) or you just want to cure longer, just put the buds in brown paper bags or brown cardboard boxes, that'll slow things down.

4. My area is dry pretty much all the time. I think chicken wire would deter wildlife from the cave. Well this is awesome, i've found a way to dry pounds and pounds without worrying about the smell getting to people.

5. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

6. After the chop, I hardly keep my eyes off my little treasure, you never know... The mold would be an issue I think too. Drying takes about 2-3 weeks so if you're willing to take the risk for a few weeks and don't have the choice. But then, you'll need to put them in jars at home for curing.

7. I just do what my hero Kog does, take a tarp, put the bud in the middle, fold the tarp over, secure it with rocks or stakes etc to keep from it blowing away and put it in the shade of a tree, then check it every couple of days. and make sure theres open gaps on the side to let the air get in and out. then for curing, if i have alot i put them in bags, ut if a have a pound or 2 ill throw them in mason jars.

8. yeah Kog is the shit. Hahaha! Too funny!

9. hahah he is.