Caught once again....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nnunes, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Its a sad day today GC, Again my parents have discovered my recent usage of the herb. My mom says she went in my room looking for tweazers and apparently it reeked of weed so she searches the whole thing, She found a whole backpack of homemade bongs and pipes, my mflb and a couple lighters ( I hide all my stuff in different spots so she didnt find my nice pipe, brand new grinder i bought the day before, gram of weed, og wax, raskal og wax and og kush oil because this stuff was in my good spot). But yeah she found the other stuff while i was gone and when i came home at like midnight baked i didnt realize my stuff was thrown around so i just went to bed.

So today i wake up and my step dad says he needs to talk to me and when i go to him he says, i need you to be completely honest with me whats with all that pot stuff in your room. We go on talking back and fourth and he was very respectful this time about it and didnt talk about all the lying health propaganda like he did last time and was just saying my mom was hurt i lied to them about it and ended the conversation by saying we'll talk later and you need to tell me if your going to stop completely or do it occasionally. I was surprised by this and was feeling good and was going to tell him and my mom i was going to do it occasionally because there was no point in saying im not going to because even if i didnt want to do it now there would be times in the future im going to and it feels better to tell the truth.

Later in the day when my mom came home and we went to talk his attitude changed and him and my mom were just going off on me telling me im a predisposed addict because my mom was addicted to vicoden, my dad just liked doing drugs and started becoming a dealer to support his weed habit when he was younger, my sister was an alcoholic and my other sister was addicted to meth so my mom thinks that if i smoke im going to try other drugs and instantly like the feeling and become an addict. Itried telling them that there is no way in hell i want to try other stuff and i really don't but they just didnt believe me. So there is no changing their mind and in their eyes im a functioning drug addict right now and if i keep smoking it will completely change who i am. They told me im going to start getting drug tested every month and if i get caught again there going to send me to rehab so it looks like im on a forced break till i can leave this house. Smoke a bowl for me GC because if i could i would.

2. Move out homie.

3. [quote name='"Swagasauras"']Move out homie.[/quote]

Easier said than done

4. damn man the pretty much the exact same thing just happened to me. my mom found a backpack full of stuff and they think the same way of me that your mom does of you.
    it sucks ass but we can get through it.

5. [quote name='"pheelgood"']damn man the pretty much the exact same thing just happened to me. my mom found a backpack full of stuff and they think the same way of me that your mom does of you.
    it sucks ass but we can get through it.[/quote]
    Yeah it truly does suck ass, especially because most of my friends smoke and i will be around it and not be able to do it.

6. Smoke all of your weed asap!! Make sure it goes to good use, then start your break. Good luck my friend, you really should have had a better spot. I dont keep anything but lighters in my room just because I worry that my mom will snoop around and find stuff. What I do is keep my grinder, incredibowl (with xl tube), roller, and bud jar in a gallon sized zip lock back and I have it hidden in a bush outside my house. Once again, good luck. It can only get better from here my friend

7. im tired of this shit

8. #8 m00zix, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    Too lazy to research any studies done on if addiction is genetic, but I'm going to make an ignorant statement and say I see no reason why it is genetic. As humans I think we're all predisposed to addiction, but other things determine if we fall victim to it. At any rate, it is not fair they compare their/others dumb decisions to what you have yet to do. I'm not surprised they're worried about you, they're your parents, but it seems like your dad feels you man. Sounds like your mom is just lumping a shit load of substances together as extremely addictive and you're getting shit on for her ignorance, and it seems your dad is as well. Talk to your dad in private, tell him you're going to do it occasionally, and you're not going to turn in to a drug dealer, especially not in their home, nor will you become addicted. Tell him he can speak to you at any time about your habit if he's feeling worried. Maybe even try the same approach with your mom, but I doubt she's as understanding as your father based on what I've read.

Just be respectful man.

EDIT: just read the last couple sentences, drug tests eh? Fuck them. If you have the cash, pick up some synthetic urine. I say just don't smoke in your house and/or on your parent's property, and maybe even keep all your shit at a buddies house. Tell them you'll smoke them out every now and again for doing so, give them incentive. Fuck them for trying to control what you do with your body. YOU own your body, no one else. Just respect their wishes by not smoking on their property.

9. #9 exonmoble, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
    It's weird, i kinda understand where your parents are coming from. Addiction clearly runs in your family. i'm not surprised by your parents reactions they are clearly worried that you'll go down the same road as your sisters.

And honestly, i could actually imagine you moving onto harder drugs, despite what you said. Any one with a hard drug addiction would at one point have said they'd never do them, kinda like what you're saying now "there is no way in hell i want to try other stuff" yeah, right.

10. [quote name='"cronicdemonic"']It's weird, i kinda understand where your parents are coming from. Addiction clearly runs in your family. i'm not surprised by your parents reactions they are clearly worried that you'll go down the same road as your sisters.

And honestly, i could actually imagine you moving onto harder drugs, despite what you said. Any one with a hard drug addiction would at one point have said they'd never do them, kinda like what you're saying now "there is no way in hell i want to try other stuff" yeah, right.[/quote]

Yes this is how my mom feels but the the thing is i've seen what addiction has done to my family which is why i know i don't want to try any hard drugs. Even though addiction runs in my family im way different than everybody else, If you knew me and knew my sisters or parents but didn't know we were related you wouldn't guess we were in a million years so i hate how just because my family was fuck ups i am automatically assumed to end up that way because of weed

11. If your 18 you can easily refuse it. When I turned 18 I can instantly tell the much more freedom I had, and not being bothered so much. Sound like you need to move out tho. If its not an option, you should physically sit next to her and read her articles of scientific proof. Don't say it helps you sleep, and other general stuff. If you read it and sound like you legit know what your talking about, you'll sound a lot more convincing. Best of luck man

12. #12 Green Waffle, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    Lol if you are legally an ADULT, your parents can't send you to rehab..worse they can do is kick you out of their house. Unless your underage of course. :)

13. From experience and your family history you have a good chance of getting addicted to harder drugs. You're playing with fire man...

Source: A sober recovering drug addict who was the highschool stoner, just smoked pot and drank occasionally for years and ended up addicted to heroin and crack. You can't outsmart addiction. I just hope for your sake you don't ever do anything harder than pot. All it took for me was a pretty girl and I was off to the races for a few years injecting drugs into my body all day every day.

14. im tired of this shit

15. Smoke this whole month and say it takes a month for THC to get out of your system. Then move out

16. hi
    move out home

17. everyones saying move out... the obvious solution is to kill your parents duh! and just don't quit smoking weed. parents never stick to that drugtesting shit

18. Just say "I'M HIGH AS FUCK BITCH, AND AINT A DAMN THING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT". Then proceed with your day as normal and pretend like nothing happened.

19. Wait wait... so... that means...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I]Half Baked (8/10) Movie CLIP - Thurgood Goes to Rehab (1998) HD - YouTube[/ame]

edit: on a side note, you got to understand where your mom's POV lies. You may be able to tell her you can be responsible with it ect. but it's going to be hard for her to see otherwise - think of it from her point of view man.

20. Ok dude, tell them you're going to kick marijuana, and start doing:

cigarettes, coffee, and alcohol (if you're 21).

Seriously, I DONT GET some parents (including mine) and their ignorant views on marijuana. My mom said she was gonna put me in rehab after she found out.... And I said, "WELL WHAT AM I DOING IN MY LIFE THAT IS SO OUTRAGEOUS THAT I NEED REHAB??" And she couldn't say ANYTHING. I was getting good grades. I lead a normal life. The only things that brought me down were my own personal problems.

Like, why the hell should rehab even be a damn option? If I had been caught smoking tons of cigarettes, or walked in the house drunk off my face, I'd get shouted at tons, but I bet you they wouldnt bring up rehab for those.

It's such a stupid "automatic" way of thinking. "OMG he does drugs, he needs to go to rehab."

Really? For a plant that kills/harms ZERO people a year? With all the alcoholics, date rapes, drunken drivers, cigarette-related cancer sufferers, quit-smoking hotlines.... yes, I'm sure it is us weed smokers that need rehab.... :rolleyes: