Catching the "fear"

Discussion in 'General' started by BigB8140, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Ok blades do you think that paranoia is realy a side effect of cannabis. Or more correctly thc.

Or is it a product of the placebo effect of years of gov. lies about paranoia and even Schizophrenia being associated with use.

Or is it prohibition as the average Joe is at least some what concerned about legal repercussions.

Do u think it would still exist in the absents of those variables?

DEBATE!

2. All of the above.

And it is well a state of mind.

3. my opinion is that some people are paranoid about getting caught. i dont think its really a side effect, just your mind set.

4. Since I got my card, and my own place, paranoia is pretty much nonexistent for me

5. I think I'll always have to deal with paranoia while high, I've had times where my house is completely empty and my parents are hundreds of miles away on vacation and I still end up locking myself in my room with the lights off pretending I'm asleep so they don't somehow come home and catch me.
    I'm not sure if it's a placebo or due to D.A.R.E or things like that, I think weed just really expands your fucking mind and paranoia is just one negative thing about that. I think that's most likely the reason why humans can't think like that unless they are on some sort of drug like cannabis otherwise the paranoia would kill most of us.

6. It's not necessarily placebo.

It's an interaction that some users are prone to. In fact, marijuana use can trigger an anxiety disorder in many users.

7. I've had some bad paranoia sometimes.

Sometimes, I'll just be smoking late at night at like midnight, and I'll be upstairs and I'll hear a little bump downstairs or a creak, and I'll just imagine that someone is robbing my house and I get all scared lol.

8. I thought about this too. Due to the fact its illegal people are going to get paranoid about it but also due to what we've heard about marijuana. If some one says, "Hey don't do drugs you will get high and paranoid." and then you smoke and get high, wouldn't you think you'd make yourself a little paranoid as a placebo affect? Also due to the fact your "mind is expanded" everything somes more "bigger" as in you think more,feel more, see more, eat more (lol), so it heightens you abilities. So I assume any little paranoia you had about getting busted before smoking, well after smoking you have a bigger thought processes about it therefor getting you more paranoid. So really to not get paranoid after smoking weed is... well.... not get paranoid in the first place. But think about it, you're scared of getting caught, you get paranoid, you finish your bowl, your mind is now "expanded", you think about stuff more in-depth, you thought of paranoid creeps in, you think about all the things that could go wrong and you think differently since your high, all these thoughts come rushing in and your paranoid as a muthafucker lying on the floor having a panic attack. So to not get paranoid, dont get paranoid in the first place. But your always going to be paranoid to some degree due to it being illegal. Long story short, Legalize it.

9. its been proven that its THC which causes anxiety.

10. It's a "newbie" trait

I used to get paranoid as a mofo 2-3 years ago when I smoked but I never get paranoid anymore.

11. Cannabis has anxiolytic properties (see here and scroll down a bit) and, being legal, I haven't ever experienced paranoia while high, so I doubt it's the weed considering I'm prone to anxiety.

12. I think it's all in the head, I smoke publicly 8+ times a day (in college so I can't simply "go out into my backyard") I'm always finding fun new areas to smoke, always public, but hella fun to me, I get more of a rush than paranoid, especially when someone randomly walks by or a cop drives by. I have a one hit metal cig pipe, so it's not hard at all to smoke in public to me, and I smoke all day everyday.

13. These. :)

14. its usually just your pussy juices acting up.
    If you aint got nothin to worry about.. then why worry?

15. yeah paranoia just comes in because we overthink everything when we're blazed.. and i dont think it's just a newbie thing, it all depends on the situation, for example ive been doing this for 4 years and yes, i used to get crazy paranoid in the beginning cause i was still in high school and getting caught meant my parents were notified, but now that i blaze inside my bedroom, the only time i really get paranoid is when my wife is coming home and i know for a fact that it smells.. but i dont get paranoid about the stuff i used to get paranoid about before..

theres the common 'stoner paranoia'
    then theres the justified paranoia, the kind where you know you're gonna have consequences
    and there's the moments where you just do not give a fuck.. :smoke: lol

16. weed hasn't made me paranoid since the first couple of times i smoked. now it's pretty much just relief from stress and unfounded, unimportant fears. paranoia, like so many others you get with bud, is just a placebo effect--an emotional manifestation of the stuff that's foremost in your mind.

17. i used to think it was just a placebo affect because of the illegality and negative image and stuff.

but then one day i got way too high and had a panic attack.

18. It has anxiolytic properties in some people. However, theres a good chance that the marijuana is exasberating your anxiety.

19. Not my anxiety. Cannabis most definitely 100% helps my anxiety issues. I get that everyone's different, though. Kind of like how opiates wire me rather than make me sleepy. lol Some people are just wired a bit different or have a slightly different problem, even if it looks the same. The human body is a complex system and really, we know a lot about it, but no where near everything.

20. im prone to anxiety as well, and i don't think its the weed either. I tend to side with this paranoia as a trait of a new smoker. Once i had been smoking regularly for a while paranoia was and is still non-existent for me