Catching a Groundhog with OldPork (poll)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OldPork, Jul 5, 2010.

1. #1 OldPork, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
    OK as some of you know I have been having trouble with a Groundhog who has decided to take it upon himself to supercrop my plants! Here's the latest on that story.

So I have set a trap for him, one of those humane Have-A-Heart traps. But I am undecided on what to do with this scoundrel of an oversized rat, assuming I catch him. Hence I am soliciting suggestions through a poll with a write-in option.

Choose one of the above options or submit a new suggestion. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Catch it, box it up, send it to me and I shall tutor it in the ways of rightousness and make it my pet. :love: :smoke:

I know it's a fucker for doing bad shit to your plants, but please don't hurt it. :( At least you know it has great taste in food! :eek:

3. HEY after you pull it out of the stream clean it and Put it on the BBQ nice Organic meat :D

4. Catch him, thank him for super cropping for you, then tell him if he goes after your plants again you got a bullet for him then let him go a ways away.

Or just put a .22 through his shoulder/lung.

5. That's what I've been hearing man. I'm no stranger to unusual cuisine. Good enough for Elvis, good enough for me.

6. I am concerned he may find his way back home if he is released. I see myself waking up in a cold sweat knowing he could be out there. I sure don't need those hellish nightmares.

7. i say kill it and stuff it. then use it to help scare other animals away! if not id say just release him a few miles away. Im not much of a killer.

8. Honestly I would just shoot it.

9. Shoot it. simple as that

10. What I am doing at my grow this year is chicken wire around the plants. We had half our plants at one spot eaten to shit by god knows what, so we tied the into the tops of a bunch of dead tree stumps and put the wire around. So far so good, but no one has been up since friday.

11. No news is BAD news...and I have no news! I think the presence of the trap alone may be keeping him away!

12. I think chicken wire is really the best bet, but I don't wanna make the garden too obvious. Not that the trap makes it any less obvious. haha
    I think I'm gonna try pepper as soon as I find out what kind to use.