Cat piss!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by housefullOweed, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Okay so my flowering room unfortunately smells very badly of cat piss because of the previous occupants, i have tryed every thing i can think of to get rid of it, shampooing the carpets, steam cleaning etc etc and nothing seems to work. I am just wondering will the smell constantly passing threw my plants effect the smell or taste of my harvest?

2. Does it permeate into anything else in the room? I would take out an item such as a piece of cloth that might absorb the smell and see if the smell is with it still. I personally think you found a great way to beat out the cat piss smell by growing some skunky ass weed. :cool:

My grow area smells like a brewery (because it also acts as such) but it does not affect the taste of the grow (which would be nice). But I know cat piss is just so strong; but its probably not your room or even carpet that stinks; but the mat below it or even the wood.

Another reason why I don't like cats...;)

3. #3 newskoolgrower, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    get a spray bottle and put some bleach into it and just mist it around, that should kill a lot of the smell.

edit: damn you already have flowering plants, that is a tough one, maybe a ionic breeze or spray a little bit of febreeze with disinfectant around the floor making sure no to get any on the plants. you could even point the fan out your door so the spray doesn't drift in the air and goes straight out the room. once it hits the floor.

4. The plants are not in the flowering room yet and i don't think i can just spray bleach cause i don't want to fuck up the carpet anymore than it already is. The smell is no where near as pungent when i am running my ventilation system, the problem is though that the system sucks all the cat pissy air through my tent through my plants and then into my basement where is is filtered.

5. in that case, i think febreeze should do the job, just make sure to turn off the ventilation for a few minutes, spray your carpet and the sides of your walls and it should smell like clean freshness, it's rug safe too.

6. Ill try that but ive more less given up on eliminating the smell Ive tryed a number of different carpet cleaning chemicals to get rid of it nothing works, i just want to know if im gonna have to name my strain cat piss lol...

7. cat piss is an oil. you would have to pull up the carpet and pad, and use tilex or put down a new subfloor the latter of the two would be the better option