Carters closet expedition and conversation

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CarterCannabis, Mar 15, 2016.

1. I just keep my light closer (compact fluorescent) I prefer to grow short and bushy if I can and get nice close node growth. Then I top and perform some LST to really maximize my yield in a small area. Most growth explodes in flowering so I'm not really worried about getting vertical in veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I keep a cfl about 3 inches from my current plant. The closer the light the less the plant has to look for light im assuming. I heard its good for root development since the plant doesnt have to focus on upward growth

• Like Like x 1
  3. Exactly stoner, and in the first two weeks or so the plant is mainly focusing on roots anyway. Using the foliage to photosynthesize for root development. I've had some plants grow like crazy and some plants continue to be a shrimp like we have here, lol, so I don't know. I try to use the same methods for all my plants so I get controlled results and this still happens.

4. I have had my autos do some crazy shit. Like u I get the odd plant that shrimps out but nothing like that little tike.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I started this plant indoors for the first time and it seems to be loving it. After a week from seed its super tiny, but the first leaves are chunky as hell and its already getting its second leaves. I'm thinkin this is gonna be my most interesting grow since its a narco purps auto and ive been doing it unconventionaly. 12 hours under a cfl and 12 hours under sunlight since the lamps overheat

• Like Like x 1
  6. In my experience I've had some weird autos too... I've also seen other people have issues as a youngin'. Weird genetics that there ruderalis produces I tell ya'.

7. Cfls shouldn't be overheating... Unless they're bad. I've got a 60 watt that I can touch bare handed while it's on and been running for hours. Do you mean your grow space is getting too hot?

• Like Like x 1
  8. The lamp recommends a 13 w bulb but im using 40. Theres no problem with the bulb, the lamp tends to overheat. Not to a point where its dangerous. I just dont like the idea of it being on 18 or more hours

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ahhhh okay that makes much more sense.

10. I never tried autos. How big do they get and doo u start them on a12/12 cycle? Man's mh or hps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Auto u want 24 to 18 hours of light. They will automatically flower based on breeding with rudellis (sp) plants. 12 hours results in weak harvest.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. They flower under any lighting cycle. More lighting is recommended because that means more growth of course. I've seen people grow them under both. Back when I vegged with MH I just kept autos in my veg room and they usually turned out good. I've got anywhere from a half ounce to a quarter pound off of autos. Depends on many variables.

13. I was going to grab some. Germ em.then plant em outside just to experiment. Are they all hermies?is it the same as usual where I would have to Wed out the males? And lastly can I clone them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. When you buy autoflower seeds you can usually pick feminized. I don't know why you would want hermies. They're not recommended to clone with because they shock after a clone sesh and that takes away from precious growth time. Since they flower so fast, any shock is deemed no good.

15. You can buy regular or feminized seeds. I tried starting my plant out in the cali sun and its just tiny. Unless youre getting around 18 hours of sunlight, atrificial light will be needed. Due to the short life span plants in the sun will be very small at harvest

16. I've seen some autoflowers grow taller and bigger outside than inside. Just too many variables. I think if you can use strong free sunlight then do it, you can't beat that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Theres just very few months of the year where theres enough sunlight

• Like Like x 1
  18. Especially where I lived when I grew outdoors. Down in south Florida we never got more than like 13-14 hours lol, our plants never got very big but they were strong and potent.

19. Same in cali. The most we get is 14-15 i believe. I was thinking about doing full sun autos in june but idk since ill have a dozen other photos goin

• Like Like x 1
  20. So... Uhm... I think the mutated runt is generating trichomes... What do you guys think? Just took these with a 10x macro... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Zoom as far as you can and let me hear your guys input. Lol. Please, any and all comments.

• Like Like x 1