Cardboard dry box Q

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by PopeyeSpinach, Feb 21, 2019.

1. #1 PopeyeSpinach, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Hey guys ive got some bubba kush i harvested and put in this box i found. its 20x22 and about 28" tall.

I cut a hole at the bottom on 2 sides of the box, and cut 1 hole center of the top where i placed a PC fan.

I cant decide if it would be better to have the fan
    blowing in from the top , pushing air out the bottom,
    or pull air out of the top pulling in from the bottom
    ?¿?¿

Also, what humidity should i aim for?

20190220_225014.jpg
    20190220_140340.jpg
    Its about 62% inside the box, i have a couple hygrometers dangling in there too.

The only thing i dont like is the fan blowing in, right on some of the buds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Everything I've read about drying says not to put a fan on it. That being said I'm in the middle of my first harvest so all my knowledge is theoretically But from what I get out of it we want to go as slow as possible without getting mold . I have to use a box for my first plant as their closest isn't ready I'm just opening it a couple times a day .
    Seems to be staying around 50%-60%rh

3. Mine keeps going to around 70% fan off down to 40-45% fan on...

I now have the fan timed, off for 3 hours on for 30 mins - repeat.

4. I would say better to pull air out of the box. You will want the fan on because it is in a small space and the humidity could spike without it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kinda what im thinking, I put a different hygrometer in there that shows high/low humidity trend so im gonna monitor that for a bit today

• Like Like x 1
  6. So seems to spike into the 70s when off and drop to the high 40s when on

Changed timer to run 1 hour on 30 mins off

• Like Like x 1