Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Card for weed

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Zanuba, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Oh man, that does sound painful!! I think--no I know I would have passed out too. As it was people were staring at me after it was done while riding in the car!! I looked like death warmed over (felt even worse) and kept giving my husband dirty looks like he beat the crud out of me...so that made me feel even worse. :eek: Only allowed him to do 15 needle shots (I was done at 2!) and then I couldn't take anymore of it had to go!! Yeah, I noticed that about the neuro guys, thought it was just me but obviously not. 2nd neuro looked at me with a really strange look when I asked him why he couldn't accept the findings of the 1st neuro!! :p I detest needles.....took te electro part of it well but hate needles!! Still waiting on my doc...he hasn't called me or anything since I dropped off that paperwork to him last week. Should I call back or just wait til I see him at the end of the month??

2. How much is it at the dispensaries?? So your insurance will not cover this even though you have a medical & physical problem so much so that docs are recommending this for patients?? Still trying to find a doc to sign my papers....its like pulling teeth epecially here in Northern Vermont.

:smoking:would love to be stoned all day long

3. Well, here where I am everyone's treated pretty much the same :) but the main problem is getting a doc to begin with that actually listens to you, cares about you as a person and then takes steps to act based on his/her feelings/findings and how you yourself are doing. I've seen over 40 docs so far & still have not found a decent one since the one I had left his practice last year. It's been hell because if anyone would have signed the MJ papers, he would have. Now I'm stuck with not many options as here (alas :() you can't see anyone in any specialty unless you get a referral from your Primary Care Provider (PCP)..that's the shitty part. Where 'ya thinking of moving...what State??

4. You may find that some neuros can be more subtle about the tests and still get the results they need. I have axonal and sensory neuropathy and pretty much end up jumping like a frog :D-and there is no way to dx sensory without a biopsy so that was unpleasant...:(
    I bug my docs to death, it never hurts to call and check (politely). So often they lose paperwork. It might be behind the copier. Then again, he may wish to discuss it with you when he sees you again.

5. The meeting with the nurse definately went better than expected. She was considerate, understanding and gave the tacit approval I was searching for, eg I cant say anything but, with bipolar, you must experiment. The docs appointment has been moved forward ten days so possibly I may be able to get help and advice from them after all :)

Happy Ralta

6. You totally rock, Ralta. You went in there prepared with studies and so forth, made your case and got a good reponse. Very inspiring.:hello: The world needs more informed patients.

7. Thanks for your kind words chaps :). Back to the matter in hand, learn from my example
    a) we are the patients, and the doctors and nurses would be out of work without us
    b) remember to keep the rhetoric of how great ganja is to GC, we all know it, but the rest of the world is ignorant, and objectivity wins the day.
    c) T breaks help us think clearer, but never lose the passion for the bud
    d) we all know our own heads so dont be patronised by 'psychiatric doctors' as they aren't. We are.
    e) good arguments win the day.

Ralta
    ps special thanks to everyone for contributions, but the story isnt over yet...

8. took your advice tharedhead! called my docs office to get update on my papers I dropped off to him last week, luckily, I spoke to one of the nurses there that the doc had call a few places re the card & registry..and most likely the other person that I speak to about MJ. Other person was orginally the one who printed out the papers for me for doc to sign,said that if doc would sign papers then she would do everything else, so basically all doc has to do is sign it and that's it. She will take over from there.
    Unfortunately, he's out of the office and doesn't return until next Tuesday afternoon. Nurse said to call back towards the end of the week. At least she didn't treat me like a dirtball like most of them do. I swear, you have chronic pain and people (especially docs & nurses & that profession) treat you like your a piece of nasty gum on their shoe that they can't shake off or get rid of. ;) Good luck on that. One of these days I'll find a decent doc!! :D Nerve test didn't reveal anything new, what a surprise...nothing has! ALL that agony, sweat & tears to find nothing again. I'm sooo depressed. :(

Ralta....what did you say to them in there?? Just curious, maybe I could do the same thing. Too many years of pain I've had.

9. Zan, I feel you man. I have problems controlling frustration when people understand me, but one must accept that not everyone is a stoner and not everyone will listen as the conservative tripe that has been proliferated for far too long has become ingrained. eg "Marihuana makes the black man look the white woman in the eye, and rape them" (to paraphrase lol)
    The only way people will listen to arguments is to put forward a balenced argument. I have been helped by the sainted Granny Storm Crow with SOME articles, Tharedhead with others, and some I found myself. I will share them with you in a following post. For your condition I have no idea what works tbh, but if you supplicate the Granny, Im sure she will help.
    I found myself just being truthful, as I try to always be. Telling her that I felt rejected by other Shrink when I refused pill treatment e.g. xanax, tercian, abilify, cipralex, as they were making me either angry, violent or suicidal depending on mood and circumstance. I also pointed out that it is a stupid thing of her to do, to give a man of known addictive tendancies an addictive drug (xanax) with capabilities similar to heroin for needing withdrawl as it 'helps' to calm me down, (previous abuse of cocaine helped to exaserbate pre existing bipolar tendancies I reckon, and inability to control and moderate my pot use myself) I do not blame the pot, or the coke, or any other circumstances, I am what I am, and I am trying to be stable.
    Balanced well informed arguments, with passion and drive seem to win the day for me.

Hope this helps, Zan

Ralta

10. #30 Ralta, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    Cannabidiol extracted from Cannabis sativa selectively inhibits inflammatory hypermotility in mice - News Article - British Journal of Pharmacology

How cannabis holds an unlikely way to treat schizophrenia - Times Online

Look at Granny storm crow's list and talk with tharedhead for their advice and further links regarding your condition Zanuba. It is best to do some finding for yourself too, I would say. I did and it certainly helped. Remember, don't believe in everything that is printed. Make informed choices that support YOUR view on YOUR condition.

PS used NCBI.nlm.nih.gov, searched article 15888515, study of canniboids on bipolar disorder by University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

11. Hope those kind of articles prove to you all that there are now studies that finally show what we all know...MMJ FUCKING WORKS :)

12. Oh yeah, we chronic pain patients are the scum of the freaking earth. Pill counts, peeing in the cup every month...I've NEVER diverted meds , never done any illegal substance but I'm still public enemy #1 because I need pain management. I've got two clear pain causing diagnosis (axonal neuropathy and chronic pancreatits) and get treated like a drug seeker. I've followed my pain contract to the letter for years, it does not matter. I think its easier for the kids in the Pandora's box forum to get pain meds than it is a for a genuine pain patient to get them:mad:
    At least if I move and go on MMJ I can actually get my medicine without being insulted and made to feel like scum.

13. At least im not the only one being treated like a proverbial piece of piss drug addict for demanding alternative methods of therepy. I mean yes i smoke ciggs and mj, but i dont drink, i dont bet, ive even succesfully withdrawn from coke, and tried skag, and hated both drugs. If that means im an addict for smoking my dope, sobeit... IM AN ADDICT :) at least im a happily informed addict with legitimate reasons, even if French provincial 'doctors' can't understand it!

14. Thanks tharedhead & Ralta...yes it did help to a degree, I've checked on everything even remotely related to what I have. Ironically, just received all my paperwork from surgeon who replaced my shattered disc...found out I have other things that were not even told to me as the patient!! Wonderful. :mad: Now that I finally have these papers, I will bring them to me new doc & hopefully by the time I see him he will have signed the MMJ paperwork. Surgeon states that I also have (on top of degenerative disc disease, sciatica, nerve damage, etc.) Lumbar Spondylosis, Lumbar Facte Arthrosis, Spinal Stenosis and Sacroiliitis---I know 2 of these are pretty much the same thing as the degenerative disc disease but the others I didn't even know about!! He also states that he noticed degeneration in the L4-5 area as he was replacing the disc in the L5-S1 area!!! :mad: Why was I not told this and why did he not replace that disc as well when he was already in there replacing L5-S1!!?? My husband says that maybe he was going to do it at a later date after I recovered from 1st surgery...maybe, but I still think it's wrong to not have even told me. Although on docs part, he did expect to see me back but we moved out of state and I no longer saw him after my 1st surgery. So, I guess I can try to give him the benefit of the doubt. With his paperwork when started seeing him he claims that I have psychpathic tendencies, that the pain I was having didn't add up to what I was describing. When he was at the point of surgery he finally apologized for that......nothing was showing up on any test...not countless MRI's, X-rays, Ct Scans--with and w/o dye inject, shots in the back, buttock area, legs, feet...al showed nothing either. They sat they with me & all my scans telling me "your spine & everything else are perfect, there's nothing wrong with you"..the only reason surgeon found it was because I literally made him do 2 Discograms--2nd one was done 1 year later after all other tests were done and finally found out that YEAH!! I did have a shattered disc. That was the only way they knew!! Now I am again in the same agony as the 1st time (and steadily going downhill), still had all tests done again along with 3 ENG's and again they cannot find anything through their conventional testing. I keep telling the neuros that they need to do a disco but they keep telling me that that's a last resort. Well fools...I'm at the point of no more resorts...so do it!!! I have tried everything med wise & all their other junk such as xanax, cymbalta, methodone, lyrica...you name it. All they did like Ralta said was either made me more depressed, suicidal, angry, and or sick as a dog. I'm talking puking my guts out for days at a time, literally on my knees with back arched, power puking with dry heaves....throwing up the foamy orange/yellow shit. It was great...NOT. I have done everything that they asked of me and then some...same as you tharedhead and what do I get??! Oh, well we may need to up your Morphine. I know where you can up your Morphine :devious: lol!!!!! No, we are treated like the dregs of society for trying to find something that actually works to contol pain. I swear I would love to crack some of these docs with a bat right in the back, shatter a disc then tell them "oh well you can take aspirin if it gets too bad but not more than 4 a day, suck it up & deal with it because I can't find anything on your x-rays that support the amount of pain you say your in" like a few of them have told me!! bastards. then the psychological crap they pull is murder--like I'm a schizophrenic that forgot to take my meds that day to control it (no offense to anyone for that & I mean it---one of my best friends has that ). Like you said Ralta...I don't drink a all...haven't in 10 years now and never drank heavily anyway, barely smoke--no cigarettes, just cigars (3-4 a day) and do not do anything else except smoke MJ and take the few paltry pills that I've been prescribed. That's it. I hope this doc signs those papers....I think 'm putting too much stock on him to do this but maybe not. Then again, I've been through 40 of them just in VT alone..never mind all the ones I saw in CT without much luck or hope. I'll keep my fingers crossed though until I know otherwise. I will check out Granny Crow too. Thanks again!

15. There are, unfortunately, a lot of back pain patients who go through what you have been through due to bad diagnosistics:(Then, when they finally do get diagnosed the intervention is either too late or just makes things worse. I'm lucky all my stuff is clear and easy to spot (lookie-calcified pancreas, shows up on plain x-rays, any moron can see it!).
    Is there a chronic pain support group in your area? Sometimes docs miss simple adjunctive pain control measures that might be mildly helpful...
    Have you tried the lidocaine patches yet?

16. ...yeah I've tried everything...35 different injections that hurt like hell but didn't work, rubs such as Tiger Balm, Icy Hot, Heat Patches, Biofreeze, Dynafreeze, Freezeit, Arthritis Rub, Thermacare, heating pad...you name it, I've got & tried to no avail. Heat does help, I cannot take the cold..I know I'm in the wrong State!! :rolleyes: I have tried upmteen meds to try & control the pain...also don't help...either make me sick or feel like I'm crawling out of my skin. All the so called "mood enhancers" I've had & ALL of them make me sick. I did try to get into what's called a Pain Clinic but Dr there said that she will not have me in the group as I am in too much pain to be able to sit there (or stand, walk, etc)....point blank refused to allow me to join. I am in a place called the "Center For Pain", they are the ones giving me my meds now 'cause doc (PCP) will not write them for me. But, there's only so much they can do. The absolute worst is: a person that I get smoke from no longer calls me & will not answer the phone (hasn't for MONTHS) so I haven't even been able to get any of that either. Dude won't even pick up the phone!! I have no clue what happened :( but I am not impressed that my phone calls won't even be returned.

17. Can you grow once you get your card?:confused: The best thing to do is become self sufficent, if you can.

18. does anyone know the prices of stuff at the dispensaries? I've gotten conflicting prices & can't figure out which is correct. 1/4 I heard is 30-35, an 1/8 is 50 (or so) and I have no idea how much an ounce would be. If your doc signs & you get onto the MMJ registry will your insurance cover it or do you pay for it out of pocket?? :confused:

19. Zanuba, both of the questions you just asked have been answered MULTIPLE times before in the forums, in fact, the insurance question is on this VERY SAME page.

Please READ the forum.

20. Forum rules prohibit asking for hook ups. If you need medication please check and see if there is a local advocacy group that can help you. Hope your new plants do well!