Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Card for weed

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Zanuba, Sep 19, 2009.

1. I live in Vermont, last I heard we had legalized it here (obviously not with Federal Laws)..my questions are 1) can I get a card or whatever it is they give to you to be on the Marijuana Registry Program for Chronic Pain? (I've also been diagnosed with Fibromyalga, Massive Nerve Damage, partial Scoliosis, and Degenerative Disk Disease) 2)Does anyone know of a good doctor that has no problems with this in the Burlington, Vermont area?? 3) what do I have to do to get on the registry if I do get a good doctor? (I've already d/l the form for the registry itself but is it the latest one? )...do I just bring it in to a doctor that I've seen for at least 6 months or can it be a shorter period?? 4) anyone know of a link to the newest Registry for Marijuana?

2. #2 Betamax Bandit, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
  3. Thank you for the information Betamax Bandit........trying very hard to find someone (a Doctor specifically) to do this. Very hard finding one even though they all concur with surgeon regarding Fibromalga, Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica and massive Nerve Damage, along with chronic pain all the time. The Doctor I asked on Monday said he's "never heard of it but would see me next month and discuss it then after I poke around for information on it." Acted like he didn't know what I was talking about at all. So if anyone knows of a doctor around the Burlington, Vermont area please let me know!!:confused:

4. Have you looked at this yet? I believe you just take the form to your doctor? All these states have so many different &^#! laws its really confusing...:confused:

ASA : Becoming a Patient in Vermont

5. If anyone can answer if doctors would give me a MMJ card for disorders. I have Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Auditory Processing Disorder, ADD, ADHD, Depression, Chronic Back Pain, Excessive Eating Disorder (I don't think they would give it to me for that due to the munchies) , Insomnia, Turettes, and Restless Leg Syndrome. :(:confused:

6. Thanks tharedhead....I have checked all of that information out, even got a print out for the form for Dr to sign as well as paperwork for me to fill out & sign from an RN that I just saw, now hopefully, my PCP will sign it! Keep fingers crossed! Picked up some awesome seeds that are called Medijuana that supposedly work with people in chronic pain (among other conditions). THC is really high......like I said....keeping fingers crossed!! But if it doesn't happen (my Doc doesn't sign it) still same ?...anyone know of a good doc?!

7. Don't know Betamax Bandit...do you have any doctors records that state you have all this and are in constant pain and they've tried everything with conventional methods that STILL aren't working to control the pain?? You'd also have to have doc sign it & state what your exact medical condition is and that you are in severe pain all the time. That I do know from my paperwork that I'm hoping MY doctor will sign. One question and I'm not being rude....what is Auditory Processing Disorder?? Never heard of that.

8. I'm not the bandit, but it means that sounds can be very annoying and confusing. You know how ads come on TV and the sound gets really loud and blasts you out of the house? Imagine walking around and having that happen all the time with normal sounds or speech because the "volume control" on your brain is not working. Its a real pain.
    I think he would be most likely to qualify for the Tourettes because that is considered a form of seizure disorder, and its durn hard to treat.
    Massachusetts does not seem to have a registry card system in place at this time, however:confused:

9. Auditory Processing Disorder is when someone says something, it either takes a very long time to process it in your mind or I just don't realize the person even said anything. And don't worry, no offense taken.

Also, Tharedhead is also right, any very loud noise does disturb me alot.

10. I can't find anything on what Mass. is doing about cards. They decriminalized. That is a good start.

11. yeah, I found nothing on Mass either except "Massachusetts, meanwhile, voted to decriminalize possession of up to one ounce of marijuana. It is the 12th state to reduce potential punishments for small amounts of the drug. The measure, Proposal 1, will remove state-level penalties for registered patients using marijuana. However, unlike in California, there will be no legal dispensaries for medical marijuana. I
    In Massachusetts, the passage of Question 2, “not only authorizes the decriminalization of small amounts of marijuana, but also establishes a parallel civil regulatory structure that does not currently exist,” Attorney General Martha Coakley told the Associated Press. However, possession of marijuana is still considered a crime.
    Those caught with anywhere up to an ounce of marijuana will have it confiscated and be fined $100. Anyone under 18 will face a stiffer fine, up to $1,000, unless they complete a drug awareness program. In addition, all pending possession charges will be dropped. Before Question 2, possession was punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a $500 fine. n addition, under federal law, possession of marijuana for any purpose is still illegal. Marijuana may not be legalized any time soon. In fact, it may be years before other states adopt measures allowing for medical marijuana, or decriminalizing small amounts of the drug. However, with voters in two states voting for such measures this election cycle, it may be within our lifetimes. "

Found this on Legalize it? Michigan and Massachusetts say yes - Collegenews. aricle written at end of 2008.

All other info found on Mass is pretty much the same so far on it. You may be able to get a Doc in Vermont to sign for you as long as you've seen them for over 6 months and they are or become aware that that is what you're seeking instead of taking narcotics that slowly kill you (and most of what I've taken either doesn't work, makes me sicker than heck so I have to take a nausea pill also--ironically. I take more medication than my 89 year old grandmother and her health isn't that great! I'd rather smoke--all the time man!! :smoking:

12. :( wow, sounds literally awful. Especially combined with all the other conditions you stated you had. And people wonder why people who are in constant pain are "depressed"?! Gee, I wonder. I have a 2nd nerve test scheduled for today (where they take electrodes & attach them to you through a computer and other equipment then poke everywhere with very long, very sharp needles...especially the areas that hurt the most. I will never have this done again, don't know why I have to have it done twice to begin with as the neurosurgeon has copies of 1st neuro's reports from 1st ENG!) I'm definitely smokng as much as I can before I go......last time I was down for the count and literally unable to get out of bed at all (with assistance just to the bathroom, nowhere else) for 3 weeks. Not looking forward to this.

Do you have children? If so, they can create tons of noise!! How do you cope?? Again, I'm not trying to be nosy, just curious. I always thought it was either one or the other--you either had ADD or ADHD. I didn't realize that they are separate and different (diseases, is that how they're classified??). I too have insonia that no doc has been able to treat for at least 23 years. Gets very old. But if given the choice (that I don't have) between chronic back pain, fibromyalga, degenerative disc disease, nerve damage, sciatica, etc...I'll take the insomnia over these any day!! :hello:
    :smoking:

13. Wish I could have an MJ card :( itd make life sooo much easier.

14. And, seriously, mate I hope u get one, tht sounds like sheer fucking hell! Sympathy from Ralta

15. The EMG often has to be redone because, as they explained to me at The Cleveland Clinic, its more of an art than a science. Everybody has their own way of doing one, and their own way of reading the results. I've had six so far. Neuros do not trust other neuros results, they are weird like that. Its not my favorite test, that is for sure, although I think the one where they check out nerve damage to your bladder is worse (probe up the butt, electodes in the bladder! I freaking passed out during that one)

16. Can I ask a question of u all, what is the situation on foreigners getting medicinal help in the states with mmj. As some of u know I have bipolar in France and am told that mmj is not available here and tht I should basically just shut up and take the spanking of pills(so much for liberty, equality and fraternity eh?) Just want your thoughts on the matter pls.

Ralta (again :) )

17. Are there any MMJ advocacy groups in your country that you could hook up with and get relevant information about your best course of action?I feel your frustration... I'm going to have to sell everything I own and move to another state to use MMJ.
    Was just working on rehoming the cats today in fact. The oldest guy is going to have to be put to sleep because he has kidney failure. They do not make it easy on us, that is for sure.

18. I am just doing a search, part of the problem is that this isnt my country. I am an immigrant here, but we run a kennels and try to function as best we can in a country that patronises people, as they seem to exhibit a sense of superiority over anyone whose language isnt french. That is part of the problem, it is the people in the cities to whom one must appeal for help, and they are often the most arrogant. I am coming to the conclusion that the job search must shift to holland, unless the meeting on thursday goes better than expected (and as they have told me to proverbially piss off and call back the next day, im not too hopeful :( ) I feel for ur cat man, I wish I could take it off your hands :( But I respect your decision, I am just not quite there yet. Ill give the arseholes one more chance, and then it will be moving too.

Ralta

19. There is a sucky reason for getting a MMJ card and there is a good reason.

The good reason: You get free weed.

The sucky reason: You have bad illnesses to begin with.

20. Free weed??

No, you still have to pay for it...