Carbonated Water in Humidifier

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by sikabuyin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. My humidity is too low, 25% and I want more CO2. Could I put Carbonated Water in a Humidifier? Would it release any CO2? Just a thought...

2. thats outlandish!!!!:confused:hmmm that might work. anybody know about this?id like to hear some thoughts on it +rep to you

3. It will be an expensive way to humidify your room and I'm not all that sure you'll see a significant increase in CO2 levels, but its your money so what the hey.

4. :(didnt think about the cost that sux so it wouldnt really be economical anyway, well good thought anyway:wave:

5. Does anyone know how much a fountain machine bottle of carbonated water costs? I can get a humidifier for under 20 bucks and just fill as needed.

I already use sugar water and yeast to make CO2 but thought about this when ten cups full of water failed to raise my RH to the desired level.

6. dude i refill my humidifier 3 times a day and it holds 2 gallons

7. you can get carbonated water at the dollar store... Buy a cheap generic brand and try it for a few days and see if you notice a difference.

8. I do something similar to this.... instead of using regular water in my spray bottle I just fill it with carbonated water. The plants seem to respond very well to it, always very perky and grow a lot faster when I use the carbonated water. It does get expensive, however, so I can't use it all the time. If you've got the money for it, I would strongly suggest either using the spray bottle, or I'm sure your humidifier would work just as well.

9. Great idea man. That will be a lot cheaper than using in the humidifier plus I doubt I'll need the humidifier once I turn the heat off.