Carbon Scrubbers... Do they work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigBoyMattyG, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Hey, I have a small grow operation in my closet and I don't have the option to ventilate the air straight outside. Someone recommended I try a carbon scrubber. What do you guys know about these? Do they work? What is "CFM" that I keep hearing about? I only have one large girl, but she's skunkin' up the place and I need to try and eliminate the odor. What about an ozone generator? What would be the most cost effective for a small grow op like mine?

2. A carbon scrubber will help out with the odor but you may also need to mask it with something like ona gel since you are not exhausting. CFM is cubic feet per minute and refers to the air-movement value of the fan pushing the air. An ozone generator can produce harmful ozone, so I would not recommend using one unless it is exhausted. Hope this helped. Peace

3. Carbon scrubber will work as long as the closet door is closed and the closet is sealed. Ideally you want to exuast your air out of the closet through the scrubber cause you need fresh air in and old air out. without any venting you get left with a Hot grow space or opening the door to allow air exchange.

Pretending that fresh, cool air is not needing in your grow space, the carbon scrubber would work in a sealed closet if you create a chamber for air to be forced through. A lot depends on your setup. How big is your closet? what are you actually doing for air exchange? Is your small op inside the closet or is it in a box that is inside your closet?

Things to note. Venting strait outside without a carbon scrubber means that everyone in your hood will be able to smell your skunky plant. Avoid ONA it is expensive and don't really work that well. Right now I want to advise Odor eliminating CFLs but I have not got mine yet so dont know how well they work. Send me a message in a few days as I will have them tomorrow and I can tell you how well they do the job. So far all reviews make them look very promising.

4. Hey thanks alot man, that's the info I was looking for. As far as my setup is conserned, I have a 3x3x5' box built inside of my closet. For air exchange I leave both the closet and the door to the box open to allow air from my bedroom to get in and I try and leave the window cracked with a fan in it so the bedroom gets air.

HMM... Odor eliminating CFL's??? The only problem with that is that I am partial to HID lights either MH or HPS. I've been able to keep the temps under control as long as I open the box frequently, but if I keep the bedroom door open, I can smell it throughout the house.

5. i think they work great and if u shop aroundnu prob get small 4in. for $60.but without a fan to pull all the air through it ur wastin ur time.so if ya got 20 cu ft get a 100 cfm exhaust fan that way theoretically its expel all air in ur room in 12 seconds ,with filter attached it aint gone work that way but u get the idea .better go big than be too small when comes to exhuast.(am i spellin that right fuk im baked)