Carbon filter problems... wtf

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MikeyMike87, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Okay so I installed my carbon filter at the beginning of flowering. It's only week 6 of flower. So it's starting to get cold in midwest. I was venting my tent through chimney vent. Now I'm just exhausting into a extra room here and I definitely can smell weed. Not smoke either.. how could a carbon filter fail in a month?

2. they don't work so well in damp/rainy contions

the h20 blocks the carbon pours

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting. I have checked for leaks. Everything is tightened down with the housing clamps.. Maybe I just got a barging carbon filter. It was under 100 bucks..

4. It's possible that the filter was not completely full of carbon. If that's the case, air is going to travel through the path of least resistance, and most of the air will find its way around the carbon, rather than through. It's also possible that the carbon is old, if you didn't buy it from a reputable store or if you just got it from Craigslist, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bought from Repuable online retailer with 100's of reviews averaged 4.2 stars..

6. try a Can Filter, $200+ tax, but they work.!

7. I suspect your problem is most likey arising from the pairing of your fan and filter, there's good chances the filter you purchased is too small.
    The carbon needs time to absorb the odors from the air, which if the filter is too small the air passes by too quickly for that to happen.

8. What is the brand of the filter? Some of the cheaper ones I've tried didn't work properly from day one. I will only use Rhino Pro filters now. High humidity and high temperatures can also stop the carbon working properly