Carbon Filter [Healthy?]

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Luma, Nov 23, 2011.

1. I am wanting a carbon adapter for my illy and am planning on having one made for me tomorrow.

Are there any possible negative effects to the body by using these?

2. Unless the carbon get's too hot, which I don't think it will, it won't be a problem.

Why not buy a premade carbon filter?

3. Rinse the carbon well and let dry before use. Or else you will be inhaling carbon dust (black lung)

4. Yeah, good idea on the washing. Buy it in bulk at an aquarium or pet supply. Pretty cheap.

5. I'd Be surprised to hear that anyone got black lung from using a carbon filter.

But better safe then sorry, right? I wash mine for a long time to make sure to get most dust off but don't really fear black lung.

Guys got black lung from working 10 hour days in a coal mine breathing in that dust none stop haha.

6. We're supposed to wash carbon? Did not know that :\.

7. The water in your bong should catch any "carbon dust."

8. i just purchased a blzed glass 11 arm ash catcher to go along with a black leaf carbon filter adapter. Its my first time using a carbon filter. Is it still recommended to wash the carbon. How often do you replace the carbon in the adapter?

9. This, but I would still give the carbon a good rinse so your bong water doesn't turn gray lol

10. OK thanks. How long after I have already used the adaptor should j replace the carbon in it

11. Replace it once it starts getting sticky and resinated. Usually i keep the glass around the carbon clean and once that gets dirty i just replace it out and put some new stuff it.

12. For sure so just depends on how often the piece gets used and dirty. Thanks for the quick replies guys