Car trouble, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'General' started by bloodshot eyes, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Ok, well lately my car is having trouble starting. It clicks for about 10seconds before it turnsover. And my friends car is doing the same thing but his wont start at all. Any advice? Oh yeah and the starter is new. I really dont want to take it to a mechanic because i've already spent a lot of money fixing the car.

2. battery. probably having a hard time from the weather you've been having.

3. fuel pump, or battery if the starter is new.

clean the terminals on your battery

4. had the battery checked and cleaned off the terminals when i had the started changed. How do i tell if its the fuel pump?

5. On most newer vehicles with fuel injection, when you switch ignition ON the engine computer runs a fuel pump for a few seconds to pump initial gas pressure. You can hear it from the gas tank area - it's like a buzzing sound. It's not very loud and the gas pump works only for a second or two after switching the ignition ON, so you may need someone's assistance checking this. If there is no buzzing sound, something might be wrong with the fuel pump or its electrical circuit.

6. Damn, I love GC. I posted this question in a car forum about i dunno 5 hours ago and the only reply i got was "iunno starter" and i think thats pritty sad. Im deffinately gunna check to see if i can hear anything. Also is installing a new fuel pump something i could do myself or something best left to a profesional cuz like i said im very broke, i cant even aford to buy my self any bud. But back to the topic if i can do it could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something of that nature.

7. I feel the love to man... im buying a 40 year old car so i will be in the same boat as you for w.e happens to your car hah.

Good luck.

8. its a 1993 pontiac grand am se

9. hopefully your car just needs a nap. fuel pumps are spensive.

10. hit alt-control-delete