Car experts please help

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Thai, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Well my old car was a piece of junk and i wound im junking it. I have about 5grand and got offered a 2006 Saturn Ion (4 cylinder) with 46000 miles for $4500. So what do you guys think. Its in good shape and hes replacing a few things that need to be replaced. So in all... Good deal or na?:cool:

2. Saturns, though I don't think they're the most aesthetically pleasing, are great cars and will run as long as a Honda or Toyota. They are also uber cheap on the insurance. I had a 1992 Saturn Wagon I got for $50. Insurance was around $400 a year for it. Ran well past 264,000 miles, which is when I got rid of it.

3. Saturns are good cars as far as mechanics go. If your happy with the appearance then you should go with it. If you want something more sporty or flashy you might want to check into something else. But there good cars and very efficient.

If its a stick shift thats even better

4. its a good deal especially for a 2006 but i would look at maybe a honda or toyota if your looking for reliability...

5. get it, i hate these cars so much, but they are so damn easy to maintain i can't hate on it too much and 4500 for an 06, you won't find a better deal

6. take the saturn! they run forever/easy to work on and they are halfway incognito

7. Im goin for it guys :hello: Thanks alot for the help! +rep to all.. and yea, i wish it was an manual but wateva.. ill post pics when i get it.:smoking:

8. Look into the white wire igntion swith fix. it's common that they won't start in the cold.

9. i just bought a used car

make sure to get the carfax haha

10. F that dude unless it is a saturn ion redline...in which case f that too. lol no offense to saturn owners. my buddy has a redline from 04 and its fallin apart. If you had to get it pay cash so that you can later flip it to a family with like a 16 year old girl or somethin.

11. Thats exactly what im doin ;), gunna use this car for a year than sell it for the same price or more for what I got it. The KBB values 7-12k