Car audio

Discussion in 'General' started by Juslivin, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Anyone else into car audio?

Vehicle - 03 Chevy Avlanche

Sub stage - 2 DC Sound Labs Level 4 XL 18's (dcsoundlab.com)
    Sub amp - Sundown Audio 3000D (sundownaudio.com)
    Front stage - Stock bose (shitty i know)
    Front stage amp - Stock bose (again shitty)
    Electrical - All Knukonceptz 0 Gauge wire, 3 Knukonceptz 300A fuses, Batcap 2000. (knukonceptz.com) (batcap.net)
    Head unit - Pioneer DEH-4100 (pioneerelectronics.com)

Pics -

Sub -
    [​IMG]

Sub again -
    [​IMG]

Truck -
    [​IMG]

Subs in the truck -
    [​IMG]

Sub box goes from behind the back seats through the bed under the cover -
    [​IMG]

Video -
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttTC4Gdeoo"]YouTube - Dc level 4 xl 18's and a sundown 3000D[/ame] (high and don't know how to embed it)

Anyways post what you guys have and comment mine i guess. I know i need a frontstage and a front stage amp im just broke right now lol.

2. I don't know anything about car audio, just thought I'd post and say that on my laptop with tinny speakers right now, that youtube video sounds like a really wet fart. :wave:

I wanted to get a nice sub just to have a more immersive car music experience, but I did some research a few years back and got scared at all the wiring.

3. I'm not into car audio, but I am into pro audio, as in large PA systems that a band would use.

OP, please do your music a favor and install some better smaller speakers, as there's a lot more to music than the frequencies 18" subs carry. Installing a few 8" units (or 10" speakers in addition to tweeters if you have the money) will make your system sound expotentially better than nearly all car audio systems that I hear.

4. I don't have anything too impressive just two Sony Xplod '12s @ 1200 watts with a Sony Xplod 1200 watt amp in my 1982 Cutlass on '20s.

5. All day everyday.

Thats about all i can say.

6. i am not much into car audio either but the other day i was reading about the bugatti veyron 16.4 grand sports (the fastest and most expensive car on the road) and i got to know that the car is fitted with a Burmester audio system....i got a bit more curious and hit upon the burmester site....the peripherals are simply awesome and i can well imagine what the sound would be like...in my car, i have installed a new zealand make fusion bass tube along with four blaupunkt speakers....the sound is not great but for the time being, i seem to be satisfied

7. You went a bit over kill on bass. How can you enjoy your music without hearing the vocals? Car audio is so sweet because you can have the audio quality of a 12,000 watt IMAX theater with under a 1,000 watts.

Quit bringing out the "bass hunter" stereotype and get your self a 4 channel amp, some decent speakers to go around and tweeters never hurt.

Yea two 18's sounds cool when you type it out. But component speakers all the way around with a 12 inch decent brand sub like kicker will blow you fucking mind in audio quality.:eek:

8. I can still hear the vocals when i play music? The only reason why you can't hear the vocals in the videos is because the cameras mic sucks. I didn't go over kill i used to have a "Sound quality" system in my old truck with 1 sound quality based woofer and a 1000 watt amp but i wanted more.