Car accidents..

Discussion in 'General' started by hopesfa1121, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Well today I was involved in a accident (not serious) and well i had to jam on my brakes because the girl in front of me did on a dime and the person behind me didnt get on his brakes fast enough and hit me into her car and i messed up her bumper...............................Heres my question... If im at a complete stop and the person behind me causes me to hit the car in front of me who is at fault? Everyone is telling me its the kid behind me because he started the collission against 2 stopped cars... but my friend tells me since my car hit it then i have to pay for the damage .... just know that we werent riding each others asses or speeding we just gradually gained on each other and it happened

2. if you were rearend, it's his fault

3. yeah my friends trying to tell me that if im at a stop sign and a mac truck decides to come from behind me while im completely stopped and hit me into oncoming traffic i have to pay for the cars i damaged... hes a retard

4. it is your fault too.

i am pretty sure the officer would site something like "failure to give enough space between you and the other car"

5. I dunno how it is where you live, but in GA, with every accident..it has to be someone's fault so a ticket can be assigned. Or some bullshit like that. The same thing happened to a kid that I went to school with a few months ago. He was in the middle of this little sandwich of an accident. Although he did get bumped, it was still considered his fault because he was "fallowing too close" or some bullshit like that.
    I don't think his insurance went up or he had to pay for the damages, I just think he got a ticket or something like that.
    But I'm not 100% sure about your situation. Although it was the dumbass behind you that hit you, causing you to hit the girl in front of you, you still must of been too close (isn't there a sorta rule that you have to be like 1-2 car lengths away from the person in front of you, or some bullshit like that?)
    Nonetheless, if your driving record's straight I'm pretty sure you won't get assraped by it. If anything, a ticket.
    Dunno. Good luck though, dude. Accidents ssuuuuuck.

6. Here in Michigan, who ever hits you from behind, it's their fault. No questions asked, you can slam on your breaks and make someone rear-end you and it's their fault. Kind of nice when you have some asshole tail-gateing you and you need a touch up on your back end ;):rolleyes:

7. Well first off i live in boston so if any of you know about that.. and it was a hard situation because some lady was going slow in the front so there was a line of cars already, it was kind of like slow moving traffic so after the lady turned we were still pretty close to each other and hadnt really parted, it happened like 10 seconds after the lady turned

8. From every thing I've ever heard in most states the rule is if you hit someone from behind it it's your fault, unless that person was backing out, then it's their fault...Tokin blue has it about right, not leaving enough room between cars to allow for stopping. I hope verything works out for you though.. maybe if you're lucky we'll be wrong!

~ Terpsichore