Canuk grow show Coco method

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SubSub, Jun 14, 2019.

1. So I've been checking out his YouTube videos where he grows in Coco with organic dry amendments only. Specifically 444 and 284 70-30 in veg and 50-50 in flower. Ammend Coco with 4 TSP per gallon total and top dress 2 TSP per gal every 3 weeks. Anyone try this method? Science tells me it won't work but some stand behind it. It's so simple with good results i have to try it out. Using 4-4-4 down to earth and 3-9-4 Dr earth flower girl replica is best I can do. Gaia is 100.00 per 50lb bag to ship so screw that. Any info would be greatly appreciated before I take the plunge and waste my time and money. Thanks guys

2. I haven’t used this in coco. But I’ve used dr earth starter 2-4-2 and then when transplanted the down to earth 4-6-2 and now the dr earth 2-8-7 or something like that. I would say yes it works but I also have worms in the pot to turn those amendments into nutrients. Also less is always more, I see anywhere from once a month or every week or two for top dressings.

I would try it. Please let us know because it gives people who want to use more organic methods without bottles a different option. Most people have a problem fitting 20 gal pots into their home grow tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yea I'm running 4 10 gal airpots and 2 5s, can't imagine trying to figure if a 20 gal needed water by lifting n airpots can be messy. I'm going to try on one plant if not well it's not too big of a deal. I'll update, sure I'm far from only curious grower on here

4. Hey all I’ve tried canucks method and followed to a T. I ran into all sorts of deficiencies from Mg to Ca. His videos are for entertainment purposes and shouldn’t be used as educational as he likes to promote. I feel he is doing more for his plants than simply using dry amendments. His PH range is also questionable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The last time someone posted about Mr Canucks I asked this question, "Can you reuse/recycle the coir soil after a single grow, or do you toss it". I think that is a super important thing to consider, and no one knew the answer last time.
    not a hater, just curious
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  6. I toss mine out. I would keep if I mixed my own organic soil. Dry amendments and coco coir do not work well together.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I do reuse my Canna Coco and the method is trash. I pounded my plants with microbes, tea and dry ammendments and I finished but it was pretty pathetic. I even went with Gaia to be sure 444 and 284. Shipping was 128.00 alone but it was an experiment. Followed his recipe to the letter and even used hso blue dream. I would say he's feeding nutes off the camera. The Coco just doesn't hold onto the organic dry ammendments very well and doesn't seem to break them down b4 being washed away.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I actually asked the guy, he told me sometimes he recycles it but lately he's been busy....that was a year ago, safe to say he does not recycle it. Lately his videos have been going into some very unscientific subjects such as ''flushing using organic dry amendments''.....yeah i know..... and also some old and false info about compost teas.
    I stopped watching after the flushing one

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mr Canucklehead is putting a lot of misinformation out there. He says his videos are for educational purposes but in reality, the only education is learning not what to do in coco. You tube keeps pulling him for good reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. What you kids dont know clearly is that he also brews a tea atleast once in week 1 of flower. Are you all claiming hes lying ?

11. It can work but with organics you have to water when dry or nutes from organics end up washed out before being broke down.

12. Definitely not the easiest way to get there. Was just an experiment since people keep saying you can't do it this way. I wanted the truth.

13. I'll harvest two frosty ass plants that were grown this way in a few weeks.

14. I think most of the doubts come from using coco. It just seems wrong to throw out coco after every grow. Part of the organic vibe is to not fill the landfill for unnecessary reasons. Especially since it has inferior 'cation exchange capacity' compared to peat or leaf mold. Why not peet or leaf mold. People use those with organic dry amendments all the time. For instance, tomato tone and peet mix is nothing revolutionary.
    Just my thoughts, and not hating. Just commenting on why it may not be seen as a good fit for organics, not on its inability to grow.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1