Can't wait for the dubstep phase to be over

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Nobot, Nov 28, 2011.

1. dubstep crowds suck, and bringing dubstep at non-dubstep parties makes me want to kick the DJ in his face.

Other than that I can enjoy it :)

2. Korn and dubstep is so stupid.

3. That's RC music, not weed smoking music.. You know? 2c-music haha

4. I completely disagree... not a fan of dubstep mostly, and that album is by far one of Korns best in years.

Of course you probly cant get past the dubstep to listen to JD's lyrics.

5. I disagree, most artists remind me of Limp Bizkit rather than the Bee Gees.

6. It's not about their sound necessarily, but more or less how the music is listened to and in what environments it is found.

Disco music was the party music of a generation. Most of it sounded like shit but had a rhythm that people could dance to when they were coked out of their heads.

Dubstep, for obvious reasons, resonates with today's youth for basically the same reasons. I don't think they have to sound alike at all in order to be compared.

7. lol try to make a dubstep song.

8. Personally, I can't wait for people to realize that wubwubwub brostep =/= dubstep. It's a subgenre at best.

9. Dubtstep music in a fucken wild ass concert with bitches and rolls then its good. Dubstep when your working construction or doing something physical.. Maybe. Listening to dupstep through your earphones for entertainment. lame

10. DUBSTEP FUCKING SUCKS ! omg i thought i was the only one. wen ever i hear dub step and im stoned my high gets completely blown

11. People used to think tv was just a fad... Look at it now it is rare if u go I to someone's house and they don't have at least 1 tv. Most families had 2-4 depending on how many people are in the house

12. Drum'n'bass is the closest i will ever go to Dubstep
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxJmpMLVjU&list=UUHE4nOZjrjaB2LFP___oSJA&index=8&feature=plcp]Braindeztruktor - Good Time (Drum n Bass, Jump Up, Dub) - YouTube[/ame]

13. Haha. That's the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I hear an opinion on dubstep (and any electronic music).

14. Amen. Theirs two or three decent songs other than that its all fucking useless

15. exactly man they dont know about editing the cutoff and resonance and all the filters and shit just to make one bass sound. smh

16. this is a song i remixed..if you can do anything on this song...people who hate dubstep let me know...if you cant then stfu

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o90waEYSq58]501 - Chasing Stars(Cloud10 Dubstep Remix/Rearrangement) - YouTube[/ame]

YOLO

17. Bro I fucking love it.

18. You could have to spend thirty years meditating in a cave to make your beats and it would still suck. Sorry bro.

19. I myself, as well as many others that I know, explore dubstep for what it's worth. It's not going away anytime soon. There are a ton of songs that branch waaaay outside of the popular "dubstep sound", that are categorized as dubstep, that are completely different than what most people probably know as the "dubstep"sound. If that makes any fucking sense...

I know for many this sounds fucking confusing, but really, think about the beat, BPM, and signature sound that you hear in alot of the popular dubstep, you see it in almost every pop-genre to date. Thats the shitty part.

I think the core ingredients to the origin of dubstep are a huge part of what music is becoming. there are certain sounds and rythyms that are uncomparable to anything that has been done before. There is alot of rediculous and experimental shit going around if you really explore it, but the chance for hearing musical genius lies within alot of songs that would be categorized as "dub", in my own opinion, which is what "dubstep" has become. The trouble is, there are commercial producers coming out with music that the average person tries to identify with as an underground sound, and an entire genre is being distorted because of it.

To sum it up, most people that think they know dubstep, don't. The stuff you hear is not the best of the genre. Think outside the box, I have a passion for many genres of music, but I also respect what true dubstep has to offer, and it's not going away anytime soon

20. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5jD6U--R9M]Caspa & Rusko - Rainbow tear Drops - YouTube[/ame]