Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cant speak when high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iBlunt Zilla, Jun 12, 2010.

1. So when i talk normal my voice is deep and my words are sometimes slurred but people can understand me easy. Now when i smoke weed with friends and try to talk nobody can understand me. If i really try to speak clearly people can get what im trying to say but half the time i forget to try and speak clearly and people just stare at me while im talking.

My question is there anything i can do that will allow me to speak easier so people can actually understand me when im high

2. smoke less? practice speaking high in private?

3. lol same thing happens to me when i smoke. i start to mumble my words and my voice gets really deep. just smoke less i guess?

4. I've never had that happen, lol.
    Granted sometimes I make myself look like an idiot with the things that I say, I've never been unable to be heard or understood.

5. That happens to me when i smoke a lot..so I'd say smoke less

6. I speak louder than normal, don't talk as much or talk very slowly and concentrate on what you're saying.

7. This happens to me.
    I dont really try to speak clear though hahaha my mind is usually off in other places :smoke:

8. Yeah this happens to me, I mumble a lot when I'm sober, but it's understandable, but when I smoke I start mumbling hardcore and it's harder to understand :smoke: but I think it's mostly because I'm not trying, and I'm distracted :rolleyes:

9. #9 biG_Green, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    I've always had this problem since i started smoking and i have a solution that works for me: Water.
    I have a water bottle with me at all times whenever i smoke. Just sip it in between hits and you should be good

10. That's funny, never had a problem talking or doing anything while i am high. I basically live high

11. i just dont rlly talk when im high

12. Haha I read this and then remembered OH I've got a nice tall glass of water right next to me,:p "sip" ahhh

Practice moving your mouth muscles to pronounce your words properly. Some times I realize that my mouth muscles get lazy and you have to force them to make the right shapes when talking. My problem is not being understood but often I don't understand any one else. My attention goes out the window and I forget what they started talking about and by the end of their sentence I'm just like ...uhh what? Thats embarrassing but I've been over coming that also.

13. If you mumble/slur when you're sober, you're gonna do it more when you're high, cause everything gets kinda lazy involuntarily (think about it -- reflexes, thinking, everything is slowed down a bit). I do it too, both sober and high haha. I think in general the quick talking/slurring thing comes in when you're trying to get an idea or story out quicker than your mouth can handle. Just take a sec, keep in mind you have as much time as you want to say whatever it is you want to say so you can take your time, speak slowly and enunciate!

14. I have a soft voice to begin with. So when I'm high it gets even softer (I think). So yeah water, water, water.

15. Your friends might be fucking with you everytime you're high.

Something similar happened to me once :rolleyes: