Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant sleep while high anymore...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rmuk15, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Hey guys, this is my first post at grass city, I couldn't find an appropriate place to ask so thought id start a new topic.

I have been smoking weed for roughly around 8 or 9 years and in the later of the years I have been smoking a bit more of what I usually would, so I decided to take a break, around 7 weeks or so.

When I resumed smoking after my break it was awesome, the highs were brilliant, like when I first started smoking, Id giggle, have the munchies and just have an all out good time :) however, since my break, I have been unable to have a restful sleep after smoking, ill lay awake, cant get comfy and toss and turn for hours. I just don't get it, I'm not stressed out or anxious about anything, my life is the same as before, yet I just cant seem to have the deep restful sleep I used to have.

Anyone else experienced this kinda thing? Any opinions or feedback is much appreciated.
    Many thanks, Ryan

2. #2 puddleglum, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
    Welcome!

Marijuana is a stimulant that elevates the heart rate and is terrible for the sleep/dream cycle. It really aggravates my insomnia sometime! Best advice I can give is to toke earlier in the day and stop a few hours before bedtime. Or limit it to the weekends when you can sleep in a little the next day.

If you have access to a variety of strains, try something at the Indica end of the spectrum. You can use the website leafly.com to search for strains that are reported to help with insomnia.

3. #3 rmuk15, Oct 16, 2015
    Many thanks for the super quick reply Puddleglum!

So cannabis aggravates your insomnia too? This is a first for me! How long were you smoking before noticing the detrimental effects of cannabis and sleep, I only ask because this is a first for me, I usually experiment with different strains as my "Pharmacist" isn't consistent on the strain of the cannabis itself.

But again, Many thanks for the quick reply [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit: Also, I have only ever smoked during the evening before bed to assist with sleep lol, I've never had trouble sleeping until this tolerance break.

4. I've been an insomnia sufferer my whole life. Cannabis aggravated it from the very first time I tried it. Not that I am complaining. I love the stuff. ;)

5. #5 rmuk15, Oct 16, 2015
    Yea, its heaven! Worst thing I did was take that tolerance break [​IMG] lol

6. Me and my buddies will occasionally have like 24 to even 48 hour game-a-thons. I shit you not, i am ready to fall asleep by about hour 7. Past hour 7, the only thing that keeps me awake is.. The same thing your trying to go to sleep on.

I think weed does help you sleep but only if you are actually super tired like from maybe a full days hard labor or something.

7. It always helped me sleep as well, mostly every night I toke before bed and sleep like a rock

8. I smoke at night for my insomnia. Works a lot better than the pills I was on. But it has to be the right strain. To the op try a different strain. Critical kush works for me.

9. God Bud or Grand Daddy Purps.

You will have no problem falling asleep.

Sweet dreams.