Cant I ask a question?

Discussion in 'General' started by provin1327, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well we were skateboarding today and I guess the lady inside the building that we were outside of called the cops on us. The cops show up and they start taking down all of our info. Now I know my rights for the most part except for this one question. The cop wanted my info and all they said was they were giving us a warning, so why did he need my info? I asked him what it was for and they didn\'t answer, they finally said to contact me and or my parents to tell them. Im 18 and still live with my rents, going to college soon, but am I allowed to not give them my info? I hate cops, and they abuse their power so much, the lady cop, when I asked her why they needed my info all she could say was \"well the both of you have been good other then that smart remark\" I was like wtf, I asked you a question not called you a fag or somthing.

2. You give them your info so they can see if you have any warrents out on you.

And they have every right to ask for it.

I don\'t see it as a big deal.

3. I\'ve had a couple of those tresspassing warning things. My parents never heard a word from them. I\'m pretty sure they just record your information so that if you get caught there again, they know it\'s your second time and to not take it as a \"warning\", but instead ticket you.

4. ive gotten my name written down a few times for possesion of a 2\'6 of Wisers, another time for a dime bag, and once for being in a park after hours (Yes i know the last one is a fuckin bullshit rule, but my town is supposely cracking down on the parks and shit cause shit always goes down in them) and they\'ve never called my rents once or anything, its not a big deal man, they have the right to ask you that type of shit. ive talked back like you have to them before but it doesnt make a difference, they gotta do what their told to do...

5. this is true,,,and i believe that now its a law to give them the info.. or they can charge you and take you to jail.....

damn skateboarders,,,, they should have pulled the 9 on your ass...
    :p

6. *CONSIDER THIS A WARNING*

A black man driving down the street one day
    Pulled over by racist boys in blue in Brentwood, Pa.
    Theres no reason, they don\'t have any right
    It\'s just that in their eyes he\'s not the correct shade of white....
    Driving in a neighborhood that\'s reigned by whites
    Ain\'t healthy for a black man trying to live a lengthy life
    All those cops they walked off free, but him he\'s in a grave
    His name is Johnny Gammage, one of thousands they have slain

We\'ve got no rights.....
    ....When cops can kill
    it\'s not right....
    .....we live in fear

Patrol man cruising in his car at night
    Just looking for some homies he can rough up in a fight
    Pulled over 3 kids in a total rage
    Next thing that you know there\'s bodies all over the place
    His back up came & they\'re all acting tough
    3 kids vs. 6 or 7 cops all armed with billy clubs
    The cops they did it just cause those kids color and their age
    They say that\'s not the truth, but this happens every fucking day!!!

We\'ve got no rights....
    ....When cops can kill
    it\'s not right.....
    .....we live in fear

Fear of what you\'re gonna do, when a cops talking shit to you
    Fear of what you\'re gonna say, when the cops come gunning your way
    Fear of what you shouldn\'t do, when the cops try to provoke you
    Fear that on any given day, the cops could take your life away......

They say they\'re here, to keep the peace........
    WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING SHIT!!!

We\'ve got no rights...
    ....when cops can kill
    it\'s not right.....
    ....we live in fear

TAKE BACK YOUR RIGHTS!!!

just joke around about that, and I assure you no one would sing about it and write about it if it hadn\'t happened. All I wanted to know was if he had the right to do that, and he did, I was questioning him because they gave me no reason, MABY IF THEY GAVE ME A REASON THE FIRST TIME I ASKED I WOULDN\'T HAVE BEEN SO SUSPECT ABOUT IT

7. \\

Cops are trained to be aggressive. Your better off not saying anything, and if they ask you a question you dont want to answer, tell them you can\'t answer that question without a lawyer present.

All the info you have to give them is a valid state ID (in MA it could be a MassID, or a Drivers license, etc).. Just some sort of official identification

8. Lay off the hate, he was just kidding.

9. People make things up in songs all teh time btw.

10. dude totally uncalled for

11. Saying \"someone should shoot you\" to a member who was clearly just making a light hearted post, is more than uncalled for. You need to chill out.

12. me saying someone should shoot him, he just said someone should do the same to me. People joke around about things they shouldn\'t.

13. Dude, if you read any of chicken\'s other posts you\'d understand how much he hates cops. Why would anyone be serious about wanting the cops to shoot someone over skateboarding? It was more of a social commentary on the police\'s record of violating people\'s rights.

Haha, well maybe that\'s a little too in depth of an analysis, but you catch my drift.

You see the little emoticon with the tongue sticking out? That mean\'s he\'s just fucking around.

You on the other hand were pissed off and clearly not joking.

\"Get back in the tub. Eat some reds and try to calm down. Smoke some grass, shoot some smack
    --shit, do whatever you have to do,
    just chill out.\"</pre>

14. He speaks the truth. Its about time someone around here said it.

From the highest mountain i yell

SKATEBOARD VIOLATIONS IN CONJUNCTION WITH POLICE BRUTALITY IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER

I dont care how many wacky emoticons you add...

/get over yourself

15. YEP SOOO uncalled for...Especailly since I get shut down for the same stuff n warned with neg rep.....I\'d expect nothing but the same.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.