Cant figure this problem out.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ajkhaos, Oct 25, 2019.

1. So I've done a ton of research and I'm still not 100% sure what's wrong here. Can someone weigh in with their opinions? I think its phosphorus deficiency, but it does look quite like the videos/pictures I've seen. 20191025_122332.jpg 20191025_122311.jpg

2. Before you get to diagnosing the deficiency, what kind of soil are you growing in??

In my opinion that seems to be the problem! It looks like that soil won't drain very well whatsoever and your root system could be having all sorts of problems

3. Yea it was some cheap stuff I got at the local farm and home. I didnt really know what to get with the strict budget I had. Since then I've bought some coco coir because of the drainage issues but, someone had said not to switch mediums midgrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You could add some perlite to what you have and it would give you extra drainage!

If I were you I'd transplant that right now if you can. The rootball should not be taking up the whole lot it's in now based on the size of the plant so you can just dig it out and try to transplant it into some other soil with added drainage!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ok going to switch it now. It just started a couple days ago so I figured with that much progression it had to be bad. Which is why I didn't want to waste time trying different things

6. I mean to be honest that is a decently healthy plant for what looks to be clay soil lol

Its not progressed that far and you can definitely save it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hello, its nice to meet you, i hope i can be of assistance.

Correct the light periods by getting rid of any possible light leaks and giving plants 12 hours of interrupted darkness a day to get it to go back into the flowering stage as you appear to be in a state of vegetation.
    Also opting for an organic soil will benefit your plant so that it may thrive with proper nutrients and speed up the cycle.

8. Please explain what you're talking about?
    The OP didn't say he was in flower, or that that was his/her intention. :rolleyes:

9. Stop feeding nutes and add the perlite like Akin said. Plants looks good and that looks like some good ole ky dirt.
    Nothing wrong there.
    Now here where I'm at, we take a dirt sample to the feed store, they ask you want you are growing and tell em' tomatoes, they will tell you exactly how much lime, and what ferts to add.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I might just have to try that as well just to see if it was something in the soil. I only do half the recommended nutrients. The bottles said to start at half and increase as needed, but it didnt seem to need anymore so I kept at half. This is the first sign of distress I've seen since I started.

11. Transplanted into fresh medium and check roots. They didnt look like they were rotting but definitely underdeveloped. Didnt seem to have as many roots as I've seen in other videos for the stage I'm at

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hello! The issue here appears that the plant is in a state of vegetation hence the smoother leaves and sight discoloration.
    Correcting the lighting temporarily will bring the plant back into flowering and therefore in turn will correct the appearance of the smoother edges, which is what im led to believe is the issue based on the photos which seem early stages. As for the colour it could be a number of reasons but the most common cause is nutrition and lighting which can cause yellowing and browning, which is evident in both colour and appearance here so that tells me a more organic composted soil could aid in the situation.
    If that does not solve the problem then its most likely a deeper issue, i just advise checking of the bases first before taking drastic steps with any plants. Simple hopefully is the first solution!
    Hope this clears things up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1