can't edit posts

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by DDV, Jul 24, 2012.

1. I noticed I can't edit my posts that I've made, I can edit ones that I've made in like the past couple days but if I try to edit one from 1+ week ago it just doesn't give me the option.

2. There's a time limit on how long you can edit/delete a post...after that, you'll have to get a mod to do it for you if your really need to edit it...

3. [quote name='"IgnorantFool"']There's a time limit on how long you can edit/delete a post...after that, you'll have to get a mod to do it for you if your really need to edit it...[/quote]

Are you serious? I thought I could recall editing old posts before. Hmm.

4. I'm pretty sure it has been the same since I've been here...can't say that I've really tried to go back and edit older posts though, so I can't be certain...

It's to maintain the content and continuity of threads so that people can't go into an old thread and edit out all their posts...you see some of the older threads where people are responding to posts that are no longer there...it's weird...

5. there is most certainly a time limit

6. Oh damn okay. I had no idea that there was a time limit..

7. ^^

if it's important, you can PM me a link to the post and exactly what you want it to say and i'll edit it for you.