Can't decide on a vape - advice?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by PinkieGrrl, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hi everyone!

I decided that I need to get a quality vape. I have a cheap one from Amazon that cost around $40 and it sucks pretty badly. It burns my herbs and all I get is smoke. If it's not burning it, it's not working at all. It doesn't matter what temp I set it to. It's always too hot.

I am starting to feel more and more irritation from smoking and would like to invest in a vaporizer. I am willing to pay up to $250.

I need to get a vape that is going to consistently extract vapors without burning the herbs.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance :)

2. I only have experience with a Vapir #2, its around 130 bucks.
    Its portable, battery powered with charger included.
    You can adjust temperature ( I use 365 ).
    Its a whip style & sessions last 20-30 min.
    It can give dense hits almost smoke like.
    Hope this helps.

3. If your looking to spend 250 look into the silver surfer or da budha. If you'd be willing to spend 300 you should check out the extreme q.

4. A nice desktop vape would do you wonders.

My highest recommendations are the Silver Surfer and Da Buddha vaporizer. They're very similar, and are easily the best whip vaporizers on the market. I own the Silver Surfer and use it every day. It's an incredible, durable, consistent heating element, with a clean airpath. You can easily leave these units on all day long for years (many have) and they'll give you tasty, thick vapor every time. I absolutely adore mine.

The Arizer EQ is also something to look into. It's also a very fine whip vaporizer, but also is able to do bags if that's something that interests you. Personally I'm not a huge fan of bags, but either way the Arizer EQ does both pretty well. Fantastic vaporizer.

If you're looking for something portable - I'd recommend the Arizer Solo - as I think it's easily one of the best portables out there.

There's some great log vapes such as the CRZ and Heat Island if that's something that interests you as well - they're great vapes too.

5. Vapor brothers man, top quality shit, I love mine. The hands free modle is even on sale right now for 200

6. get a heat island vaporizer!!

7. You can get a EQ for a lot less than 300. You can also get a V Tower for 175 and why not? It's the EQ's little brother just like Da Buddha is the little brother of the SSV and it's a heck of a vape.

8. If your looking for a whip i say either a Da Buddah or a Silver Surfer. Heos pretty much nailed it with his answer so i say just listen to whatever heos says :hippie:

9. Idk there so vaps u can put on ur bongs there badass but there range a bit higher I think 300.

10. [quote name='"BuRnTrEeS247"']Idk there so vaps u can put on ur bongs there badass but there range a bit higher I think 300.[/quote]

I'm...not really sure exactly what you were trying to say but something about being able to vape with bongs? Yes they are badass, but you don't need to spend 300. Most vapes work well with bongs. Most of the above ones mentioned under 200 vape-bong excellently.

11. I think he is talking about the VRIPtech heatwand which used to be 300 hundred but now is 200. It is very badass, uses a custom bowl to plug into a bong. Easily the king of vapor bong vapes, it's a complete glass airpath with great airflow, whitewalls tubes in a second.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGN2c0lD2I4]Milk Shot feature N3RD inline + Vriptech Heat Wand aka VHW - YouTube[/ame]

12. [quote name='"CentiZen"']I think he is talking about the VRIPtech heatwand which used to be 300 hundred but now is 200. It is very badass, uses a custom bowl to plug into a bong. Easily the king of vapor bong vapes, it's a complete glass airpath with great airflow, whitewalls tubes in a second.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGN2c0lD2I4[/quote]

Heard its super fragile. That is only drawback I have heard from people

13. VaporBros sounds like the best you can get for that price range..IMO its the best besides Volcano

14. #14 sublimeluvr, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    The volcano is NOT the standard when it comes to vapes. And neither is any other overpriced,over engineered,storz and bickel product! Don't buy into that garbage

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aqXQQAywGA]Plenty Vaporizer Review & Demo by The Vape Critic - YouTube[/ame]

16. You all really came through and gave me the advice I was looking for. Thanks so much!! Now I'm going to google each vape mentioned and buy one of them! I'll let you know what I decided :)

BIG THANKS!!!

17. #17 PinkieGrrl, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  18. #18 sublimeluvr, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    [quote name='"PinkieGrrl"']The Arizer Extreme Q V Tower looks like it comes with a remote and a bunch of accessories. Da Buddha looks like it only comes with a wand.
    Does anyone know if Da Buddha comes with more accessories that just arent pictured?[/quote]

Accessories are not everything. If you want a whip vape the silver surfer and da budah are the best available. If you want something tht does bags as well as whips get the EQ. But accessories shouldn't sell you on a vape cause they have little to do with how well it works. 7th floor products utilize a ceramic heating element for clean vapor and longest lasting element on the market. But I can't see you being disappointed with the SSV the DBV or the EQ

19. [quote name='"PinkieGrrl"']The Arizer Extreme Q V Tower looks like it comes with a remote and a bunch of accessories. Da Buddha looks like it only comes with a wand.
    Does anyone know if Da Buddha comes with more accessories that just arent pictured?

I'm looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Herbal-Vaporizer-Accessory-Package/dp/B00474JDEO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333127077&sr=8-4

Looks like it comes with a lot of extras. Under $200[/quote]

It does, but that's because the extreme q does bags and whip. The da buddha doesn't have a lot of accessories because it doesn't need them. For a whip vaporizer, the da buddha can't be beat. Personally that's what id prefer, but only because I have no interest in bags. If you do the extreme q is impressive at both whips and bags.

20. Get the extreme q. It's 170 on amazon. That's $130 off retail. I love mine.