Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

canola oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bambi420, Nov 26, 2011.

1. So I made cana-oil. I have about 96 FL oz's with approximately .97 grams per oz. I made a batch of awesome Brownies, but was seeing if there were any other cool recipes/deserts out there that called for canola oil that anyone has tried.

Any ideas/recipes would be appreciated

2. #2 KushBungalow, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    I just made some medicated banana bread the other day, and it turned out great! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/3 cup buttermilk
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup mashed bananas
    1 1/2 cups white sugar (I only used 1 cup, 1 1/2 seemed a little excessive)
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
    2. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
    3. Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans or chocolate chips if desired. Mix well.
    4. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. (I baked about 1hr 15 min)

Pretty simple recipe and tastes great! I also tested out a waffle recipe that calls for oil which was a hit with my friends. If you want I'll type that up too. Enjoy!! :D :wave:

Edit: I attached a picture of the final product

Attached Files:

3. Do u think it will be alright to sub the vegetable oil with the canola? I know it will taste different, and the consistancy might change. But would it work?

Because I don't have vege canna oil, I got canna-canola oil

4. Yeah it should be fine. I have always just substituted my oil for vegetable oil in recipes and I've never had any problems. I used canna coconut oil using this link and the bread tastes great!