Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannibis oil for a child with developmental delay

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by misterno1, May 30, 2017.

1. My son is 2.5 years old and he is diagnosed with global developmental delay. He is getting physical speech and occupational therapies but I am not sure if those help.

Basically he is behind in all his milestones and he behaves acts like a 1.5 years old. He can not walk by himself independently though we saw him doing that fine before. He just refuses to walk and

Instead prefers to crawl at all times. Once in a while if I can cheer him up and play and make him happy then he accidently walks like normal with no problem. So this is a psychological problem

Also he can not talk. He can not even say mama or dada. He makes noises whenever he wants something or wants to comment on a book that I am reading to him. He understands everything I say to him

Even the complicated sentences. When it comes to IQ, I do not think he is behind. But he is not aware of his surroundings not aware of his environment.

We heard about Cannabis oil long time ago and most people moved to Colorado just to treat their kids with seizure or autism problems. But my son does not have seizures nor is he autistic.

We live in Texas and I am confused with where Texas stands in terms of Cannabis oil.

Is it legal or illegal in Texas?

What is the difference between Hemps oil and Cannabis oil?

Anyone ever see improvement by using this method on their kids with developmental delay. There are tons of articles and news about how kids start talking or how seizures stopped but nothing on developmental delays.

Any side effects?especially for 2.5 years old kid

If I move to Colorado or any state where it is legal, is it easy to obtain this oil or doctors prescription needed? I heard some states allow kids to take only if they are suffering from seizures. Is this true?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have known people who just now, as their son is a teenager were finally able to get legal oil in their state. They have been advocating since he was 6 so over 16 years.

You are in the right frame of mind and it should be monumentally easier now days in legal states, unfortunately TX is not as you mentioned. My own research as of last year told me that in TX concentrates are still a pretty big offense in the amount of greater than 10 grams. I may be off.

That's all I have on the topic at the moment although I hope others chime in and I do wish you all the luck on this endeavor to better your child's life.

I would recommend finding a compassionate care advocacy group that is local to you if you don't know someone who can help already. The high CDB strains are what many also search for in your situation, to minimize any psychoactive effects from the medicine.

3. projectcbd dot org is a great website for cbd resources and info...

generally hemp oil refers to industrial hemp and cannabis oil refers to medical grade quality oil from medical varieties with higher concentrations of the cannabisnoids... hemp seed oil is cold pressed from seeds of cannabis

4. Hello Misterno1!
    I just read your post and was surprised how similar you sons condition is to my sons. I ser the post is from some time ago, how is your son now? Did you try cannabis oil? Looking forward to hearing from you! Best wishes,
    Julia.

5. I did not proceed with cbd oil. There is not much research on it for kids. Internet is full of anecdotes but none official.

Surprisingly my wife started taking it. She was complaining about anxiety but it is too early if it helps.

Go to facebook groups for advice on this matter. Keywords are delayed kids or global development delay

6. Yes, here in Colorado, I don't think you would be getting a med card for your child under your circumstances. I think you may be jumping the gun anyway. I'm all for cannabis for everyone including kids because God knows it is more benign than the harsh pharmaceuticals they don't having any problem prescribing. Saying this, I've been working with kids for 30 years and every child hits their milestones at different times. It is so easy for a parent to panic. You may love two of these resources as much as I did. One is a website called the Natural Child Project. these articles from parents who homeschool their kids but their wisdom is just awesome and they do mention milestones. Another is a great book I read when the kids were young and it's called You Are Your Child's First Teacher. It also talks about how kids hit milestones at different ages.

• Like Like x 1