Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter time

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BurnNonedown, Feb 7, 2009.

1. I want to make cannabutter and ive been trying to read up on the topic on multiple forums and websites so I get all the bang for my buck. I have found one inconsistency in every recipe that could play a big role in the potency of the finished butter. The time that you let the butter simmer has varied widely from recipe to recipe. Ive read that you leave it simmer anywhere from 40 minutes, to 4 hours, to 22-24 hours. Does the bud really contain enough THC to be released over 24 hours, if so that would mean those recipes that call for 4 hours wouldnt even be releasing a quarter of the buds THC potential? If its released in a quicker time frame then it would be a complete waste to let it simmer for 24 hours. Im an experienced toker and can handle my buds well so I want to make some brownies that are really gonna do the job. Does anybody have any input on the time through experience. Id appreciate anybodys feedback.