Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter Help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ghsspark, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Hi GC just made my first batch of cannabutter ( it's coolin now) My missus wants to make cookies wiv it but not sure what temps r ok for it? Don't want to mess up my first edibles cos I fucked up the easy part. Appreciate any advice. I'm of to blaze my house smells buttery hhmmmmmm.

Attached Files:

2. i just made some there and have ate 20 min ago. i did it a bit dif this time though... i made cannabutter in my usual way but only used stems leaves and trimmings and refrigerated. I then put it back on to simmer both the cannabutter and the separated water and put on again and added about 6-7g of dried bud... awaiting outcome lol

3. oh 200 - 220 will be fine temp wise... guess its kicking in already lol

4. Cheers mate leavin mine over night n make some tomorrow can't wait

5. lol same here! used half and saved half for tomoz ... got some betty crocker all in one chocolate mix goodies in the kitchen so i think i`ll be making a few treats tomoz... happy days :) N joy and let me know how you get on with them!

6. I bake cookies at the regular temp of 350 without any noticeable problem in potency.

7. I cook my edibles @ 325 since I've heard that THC will evaporate @350

8. Thanks for advice I'll post when done and sampled

9. Tried some cookies last night. Only had one n for a hour nothin. Smoked half a j n next thing u know I'm wasted hahahaha I LOVE CANNABUTTER.

10. Almost forgot cheers for advice guys any recipes stand out to you. Want to try anythin now!!!

11. yeah i find that too... wait about 30 min do a splif and it all comes together nice :) i`ll have a look through my recipes and post back :)

12. #12 WhiteandMellow, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    Rough Guide To Consumption

1/16 (1.75g) med quality resin\t12 people FLOATING\t8 people FLYING\t4 people IN OUTERSPACE
    1/8 average weed (3.5g)\t15 people FLOATING\t10 people FLYING\t5 people IN OUTERSPACE
    1oz shade leaves (28g)\t15 people FLOATING\t10 people FLYING\t5 people IN OUTERSPACE

Methods of THC extraction

- butter
    - cooking oil (soak in for a week)
    - milk
    - cream
    - flour - Another method that doesn't require cooking is cannaflour. Grind the cannabis up as fine as you can get it, and mix it with the following ratio: for every cup of flour, mix in a half cup of powdered cannabis. Your final product is cannaflour, and you can use it in just about every baking recipe.
    - weed - If you're in a hurry you can also do the following: melt some (dairy) butter in a pan and throw in some weed; stir a bit, and then fry an egg (or a pancake or whatever) in it. Don't throw the weed away, it will still contain some THC. Eat the egg or whatever you made. Sweet stuff (honey, syrup, marmalades) tastes good with weed.

Stoney brownies

-\t150 gm butter (salty)
    -\t200 gm dark chocolate
    -\t1 cup raw sugar
    -\t3 60 gm eggs
    -\t1/2 cup plain flour
    -\tNutmeg and Cinnamon
    -\t2 tbsp vanilla essence
    -\t2-3 oz dried ground leaf
    -\t1/4 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
    Pre-heat oven to 175c, grease baking dish @ 25x35cm. Over low heat, melt butter and chocolate stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add spices, sugar and eggs. Stir until smooth, add flour, nuts and powdered leaf. Stir well (add dash of skim milk if necessary), pour into pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins. Cool and cut into 16 to 30 squares according to bravado. Lasts 6 hours.

Space cake

For a nice cake (about 10 slices) you need:
    200 gr. of bakingflour
    200 CL. of milk
    2 eggs
    180 grams of sugar
    180 grams of butter
    a hot oven (200 c)
    a baking form
    8 grams of good (light) hasjs. (I prefer using Polm or Zero)

Something to mix is always a nice touch. To give it the cake a fresh taste: put 1 apple (sliced) in the cake. You can mix cacao (chocolate), a banana, vanilla (no ice cream!!),... nearly anything in it.
    Put the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds until it's a fat paste. Mix the hasjs with 4/5th of the butter. (heat up the hasjs with a lighter and crumble it in the butter). With the rest of the butter your fatten the baking form so you can get the cake out easy when it's done.
    Now mix the butter (and hasjs), flour, eggs and milk and sugar (and the possible extra ingredient). Keep on mixing it for a few minutes until it's nice and smooth. If it's to dry: at a little milk. Is it to much of a liquid: ad a little flour.
    Put the cake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
    Check how it looks before opening the oven. If it's big and brown (I think you can imagine how a cake looks like) open the oven and take the cake out.
    Leave it outside the oven for about 30 minutes to cool down before getting it out of it's form.
    Enjoy your meal.
    (BTW: be sure to have a lot of soft drinks around. Space cake can be rather dry, and using the hasjs always gives everybody a dry mouth)

Stir fry

1 Red Pepper
    1 Green Pepper
    1 Yellow Pepper
    1/2 small onion
    butter
    herbal seasoning of your choice
    Slice the peppers lengthwise into strips about 1/2-3/4 inch wide. Chop the onion. Throw everything together in a skillet with the butter and sautee. Serve over rice. Wait an hour. ENJOY! tips: It's best to use real butter because herbal seasonings are fat soluble. You want the butter to carry the goodies. Use of a vegetable-oil-based margarine won't work as well. If you're cooking this with friends, take turns standing over the skillet stirring the veggies and seasonings. You don't want one person to have *all* the fun, as the vapors can be quite intense.

Choco buds

Start with Hershey's Premium Baking Bar Unsweetened Chocolate. On the back is a recipe for brownies which includes
    1 cup butter,
    4 squares of chocolate,
    2 cups sugar,
    4 eggs,
    1 cup of flour,
    and vanilla extract.
    Start with dry hemp leaves and grind them in a coffee grinder to a fine powder. Put in a measuring cup until ~75 ml of "green flour" is made. Fill to the 1 cup mark (250 ml) with regular flour. Proceed with recipe on box: Heat oven to 350 F, Grease 13x9x2 (inch) pan. Heat butter and chocolate and stir with wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
    Add vanilla extract and stir in flour mixture. Add nuts if desired (a very nice touch I think) and bake for 40 minutes. It seemed to take 10 minutes longer than the box suggested (30 minutes) to be completely baked through. Makes 3 dozen brownies. Take 2 and wait an hour. Take 4 and cruise for 12 hours. Enjoy!

Cannabis Vodka

1/4 oz. of stockpiled cannabis stems from breaking up buds.
    Vodka (any kind should do)
    Glass container
    Place all stockpiled stems in a jar. Pour in your vodka, just enough to fully submerge the stems. Let set in a dark place for about a week. After that, you will need to strain out the stems. A great trick is to make tea type bags out of coffee filters and stems for easy removal.

Weed Milk

1 litre whole milk
    500 ml whipping cream
    5 grams bud or your best leaf trim
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes. DO NOT BOIL! Strain the milk to remove all plant matter. Pour milk into ice cube trays and freeze. My husband pops one or two ice cubes in his coffee or tea. Can also be used in place of milk in baking.

Weed Tea

Tea
    Cup
    1 Teaspoon of butter
    Marijuana!
    Like other herbs, marijuana may be made into a tea. Boil the water first and pour it over the marijuana. Let it steep for longer than you would for common black tea; approximately an hour and a half.

Add 1 tsp. of marijuana or regular butter. The effects are similar to eating it. It is easy to make marijuana tea and can be combined with mint or any other herbal tea flavors to enhance it's taste.

THC is only very slightly soluble in boiling water. Adding either some alcohol, oil, or butter to the mix will help the THC dissolve. An ounce of whole milk or a half ounce of hard liquor to a cup of boiling water increases the tea's potency quite a bit. A chai-type drink, made with marijuana leaves, spices, butter and milk would dissolve even more of the THC.

Making tea by just boiling the leaves will not release as much psychoactive THC. Since marijuana's pigments and terpenoids the components responsible for its flavor are water soluble, this tea looks and smells more promising than its effect will be. However, these non-cannabinoids may also have medicinal properties, as could other water-solubles.

This should give you a good basic idea of all the things you can make with weed...enjoy and get back to me if you try any out buddy :)

13. Thanks for info. Think I've found a passion for cookin all of a sudden damn my kitchen gonna smell. Like the sound of weed milk cubes in my coffee hmmmmmm.