Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannaboid Hyperemesis Syndome?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jellodream, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Last night I took two marijuana gel pills/candy right before a concert. It was from a professionally packaged envelope/sleeve. I don't remember the name of it, but it was strawberry or strawberry and tea flavored. The open product envelope/sleeve may still be in my apartment somewhere. My boyfriend had bought it from a delivery service. The product envelope/sleeve said the recommended dosage was "1-2", which I interpret as take one Or two. He took three and had a grand ol' time.

I experienced nausea and vomiting. I felt as if I was on a boat or amusement park ride (such as a centrifugal force ride). The room was spinning. If I closed my eyes I had a sensation of heaviness that would be localized and pass through parts of my body. (I would feel heaviness in the back of my head, then the sensation would move to my chest area, then the sensation would move down to my stomach, then the sensation would move down to my lower abdominals, and then it would repeat itself. Or it would reverse directions.). After a venue staff member let us know where there was seating, I laid down on my side. My boyfriend said that I wasn't discreet and told me to prop myself up. I watched the rest of the concert leaning way back in a chair.

My boyfriend blames my vomiting from eating too much. But me and him both had identical dinners. We both had two slices of vegan pepperoni pizza. The only difference was that I also had two cheese blintzes with jam that I consumed after I took the gel candy but before I started feeling the effects. IMO my illness was from the marijuana gels.

Business Insider has an article about cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.
    A mysterious syndrome in which marijuana users get violently ill is starting to worry researchers

However, the article states that CHS only effects heavy users. I am a light user. I only smoke two to five times a year (I consume it only New Year's Eve, birthday, maybe a couple extra times throughout the year.) When I smoke I only toke a few to several hits and I never consume a whole joint.

This was the second time in my life that I have had marijuana gel candy. The first time was several years ago at a picnic. At that time the I had two gummies and they did not effect me at all. The gummies were from a different manufacturer and they were smaller that the gel lozenges I had last night. I don't know where my boyfriend's friend got the gummy bears from.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lol you just Greened out... It's what happens when you over do it via edibles.. you can green out smoking but that's usually just down to not being hydrated/smoking on an empty stomach lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Always eat half or 1/4 of the recommended dose & wait 1-2 hours to see how you feel before eating more.. you can always eat more but if you take a large ammount at once there's nothing you can do but ride it out :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you. I also drank a bottle of blueberry soda with my pizza. But maybe I should have drank water throughout the night too?

I feel a lot better now, but I'm not yet 100% normal. Maybe I'm only back to 95% feeling like myself again. I still feel a small degree of queasiness. But at least I can function now. Last night whenever I made even subtle movements I felt as I were making large sudden movements which would make me get even more nauseated/vomity.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CHS doesn't just happen, if it is even a thing, would happen over a long period of time (Yes I know there is some info online but if you really look, there is no real solid evidence) and from the tests that are available, there is a high chance of the real cause from tainted cannabis via pesticides etc.

You greened out, edibles should not be taken lightly. It is not for new users.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I didn't see anything about dosage. 1-2 is not a dosage. A dosage is measured in miligrams of CBD/THC. It is entirely expected for people who don't know what they are doing to have bad experiences. It happens all the time, with drugs being probably one of the smallest members of the group of things that screw people up when they don't know what they are doing.

Flying a 737Max last month would be an example of one of the bigger things in that group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The high from edibles can last from hours to days depending what your tolerance is like & what dose you take.. you should be fine just drink water & rest it'll pass eventually

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. At times I wondered if the gel candy was adulterated. But that wouldn't make sense because my boyfriend took three and he felt fine.

9. You are not alone, My Girl had the same experience as you. she took 1/2 of a 25mg edible and was blasted out of her mind while I took a 100mg one and wasn't nearly as impaired.

Edibles are hard to dose especially if your not a heavy user and It can often feel like you were dosed with something else due to multiple effects. Not fun!!!

10. You need to find a new boyfriend, he should have known better than give a cannabis novice a full dose of edibles and then he wasn't understanding, he was concerned with how he looked with a girl in distress when he should have taken you home or at least somewhere you could lie down. Instead of blaming himself for overdosing you, he blamed you for getting sick.