Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabis will actually cure cancer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Big_Bud, May 12, 2013.

1. Hey everyone.
    I was watching this documentary last night about cannabis and it pretty much said that cannabis can cure cancer. I just wanted to know if anyone has also heard the same thing.
    If so I think it's great but kind of feel like this is another extreme reason to legalize cannabis.
    I hope it's true and doctors and governments start realizing.

2. Tommy Chong!

3. I lol a bit when people say marijuana can cure cancer. I'm no scientist so I could be wrong, it could possibly cure cancer, but personally I think the only use a cancer patient could get out of it is to alleviate some of the cancer symptoms.

Omega369 :wave:

4. some of the cannabinoids in pot have killed cancer cells in test tube environments. more research is being done apply apply this to actually curing cancer in the human body. ive heard of stories of people rubbing oil on certain skin cancers that had some derivative of weed in it and the cancers went away, quite a lot actually. my guess is that at least some of the things in marijuana have anti tumerous/cancerous properties that probably work better against certain types of cancers than others. hopefully research will make a break through but its still wrong to say now that pot can cure cancer.

btw all this research doesnt apply to smoking it, when smoked im pretty sure you get no where near a good amount of the anti cancerous agents in it absorbed and you get a lot of carcinogens. smoking pot certainly doesnt cure cancer.

5. Omega369,

With all due respect my friend, you are wrong. Yes it does alleviate many of the symptoms associated with Cancer and its mainstream treatments. However it absolutely does cause cancer cell apoptosis. Just ask my wife! Please check out our thread in the MMJ forum titled The Tumors Are Really Shrinking.

6. [quote name='"Omega369"']I lol a bit when people say marijuana can cure cancer. I'm no scientist so I could be wrong, it could possibly cure cancer, but personally I think the only use a cancer patient could get out of it is to alleviate some of the cancer symptoms.

Omega369 :wave:[/quote]

Again... Tommy Chong!

7. Run a search for "Run From The Cure".

8. Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

The effect of CBD on certain cancers has been known for at least a half dozen years! CBD shuts off the ID-1 gene that makes cells "go crazy" and become cancerous! After reading that article, what do you think would happen if a series of CBD injections were given directly into a tumor?

and there were these articles not long ago-
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Cannabis For Infant's Brain Tumor, Doctor Calls Child "A Miracle Baby" (news – 2012)
    Cannabis For Infant's Brain Tumor, Doctor Calls Child "A Miracle Baby"

Marijuana Compound Induces Cell Death In Hard-To-Treat Brain Cancer
    (news – 2011) Marijuana Compound Induces Cell Death In Hard-To-Treat Brain Cancer

Cannabis Science Provides Physician's Documentation That Confirms Successful Treatment of Skin Cancer (news/ info-mercial – 2011)
    Cannabis Science Provides Physician

Cannabis Oil Shrinks “One Of The Worst” Cancers (news – infomercial – 2012)
    (warning: graphic photos)
    BREAKING NEWS: Cannabis Science, Inc: Cannabis Oil Shrinks

[FONT=&quot]The word IS getting out! CANNABIS IS MEDICINE! :smoke:

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

9. You guys really need to catch up with the medical community! :)

A few days, including the big 4/20 day, of the Cannabis World Summit, focused on the specifics behind its cancer curing properties and applications. That aside, in all tests across the board, in several independent studies, including several of those performed by the opposition to cannabis, indicate that even casual to regular cannabis smokers produce lower occurrence rates for ALL cancers tested, when compared to 100% non-smokers (and a casual intake is a much lower dose than that required to actually cure a cancer, once it has set in).

Day 5 - Cannabis World Summit

[SIZE=-1] 2013 Summit Go To Day: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] Quick Links
    Bad Kitty Smiles
    Rick Simpson
    Bonus Article - Strains for Making Rick Simpson's Healing Hemp Oil
    2 Bonus Articles about Rick Simpson from Weed World
    Bonus Video - Rick Simpson's "Run From The Cure"[/SIZE]

PS - Storm Crow, I mentioned you & the list and directed folks to find you a few times during my presentation, just like I promised! :D :hello:

10. Can you post some links to the studies showing its cancer preventing properties?

11. I think that cannabis is the cure for cancer and it was under our noses all this time! Billions of dollars spent on cancer research and all we needed was a free and easy to grow plant. Why didn't the scientists ever think of weed in the first place? Oh wait, that's because it's been an illegal narcotic all these years and widely thought as harmful. Way to go America :p

12. I was about to knock this thread door down and chant the message. But you guys always beat me to it, lol.