Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabis tincture

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by falselight, Feb 5, 2007.

1. hey everyone, I wanted to run this idea that's been running through my head by you all and maybe get some input...

basically I want to make an herbal extract tincture out of cannabis. now, I know about green dragon and what I plan to do is slightly different (and possibly more labor-intensive). so far, I plan to take a decent amount of herb (probably 7-10 grams and let it sit in roughly 4 oz of grain alcohol for about a month (shaking the bottle everyday).

now here's where I need the advice... since THC needs to be heated in order to be activated, I should, in theory, heat this solution up for a short period of time to "unlock" the psychoactive potential of the tincture, correct? what would be the best, safest way to do this?\t(bearing in mind that I will be using a high-proof grain alcohol)

do my proportions sound about right? my aim is for a dropperfull to be potent enough to knock me flat on my ass in enjoyment and euphoria :)

another question would be... is this a "waste" of bud? in that will I be getting a comprable if not better precentage of ingested THC versus smoking? thanks for any and all insight you can provide :)

2. I dont know alot about this kinda thing but ive dabbled and its sounds like a good set up to me (safest way to heat it that ive found is to put the extract in a glass bottle and then put the glass bottle in a pot about half full of water and heat it over a electric stove

3. it sounds like youre trying to make green dragon? how is it different? and you dont need to heat the alcohol up to make is psychoactive, the alcohol does that. Ive never seen a green dragon recipe where you have to heat it up, but id be intersted if anyone has or knows if it releases more into it.

4. You haven't heard about THC drops have you? Trying searching the forums for the thread, a very interesting tincture that you will like.