Cannabis Nutrient Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HazeyRage, Jun 6, 2018.

1. #1 HazeyRage, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    I made a mix of veg stage nutrients with 6.5ph water. (Around 2 gallons in total) I’ve had it in my basement for almost a week. My question is can nutrients be kept in a basement? And how long can they be kept for?

Also how can I tell if the nutrients are no longer good.

The basement is always dark. I kept my nutrient mix in a massive never used beer brewing bucket.

2. Try not to mix a batch of nutes unless your going to use it within the next hour of making. Nutrients in there original bottles in the basement not mixed is fine and great, Giving it's a cool and dark basement. What nute line are you running?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plus leaving it out like that may throw off the PH

• Like Like x 1
  4. The problem is that I only have two seedlings so they really don’t use much. I’ll just get a small dropper thing for easier measuring.

5. I’m using the General hydroponics go box

6. Just break down the formula to smaller amounts. You mean General Organics Go Box?

7. You won't really need nutes for the first 3-4 weeks the soil is packed with nutrients so adding more can burn roots and give you issues. What kind of soil you using?

8. Yes...Sorry got the name mixed up

9. Don't really need to give your seedlings nutes until 3-4 weeks. I made that mistake myself and ended up hurting my girls pretty early. I don't know about the nute storage question, just don't want to see someone make the same mistakes I did if I can help it =D
    Good luck!

10. Are you sure about that? I want to get the best results I possibly can so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. They are both Afghan Kush auto Fem seeds

11. Your soil have plenty of nutes for the first 3-4 weeks

12. Yes, I started feeding my girls about a week in, and her first set of true leaves (not the cotelydons) started to turn white. Stunted her growth a little.

13. Ok thank you

14. You can premix nutrients. I run a 55 gallon res with a manifold for auto feeds. Just have to check ph every so often as it does rise. You don’t need to buy bottled nutes either. Masterblend 4-18-38 is like $35 for 12.5 lbs of base, calcium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate. I only use 12-15 grams per 5 gallons. Haven’t quite finished a grow with it yet, but my plants are happy and the buds are frosty

9239822C-858A-4BAA-8C67-9AE5440E456E.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wow those are beautiful!
    What strain are those?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks man!!! Still 3.5 weeks to go. There’s another new strain “Rainmaker” from Ethos Genetics in with them that just finished week one. I’m excited for those as they are turning into trees. Check out my journal for more pics and info on setup and nutrients. Always willing to help

18. I definitely will!