Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis makes you slow/stupid

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stoned42, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Yes, but there is a connection between cannabis and growing brain problems.
    While under the age of 18 your brain functions a lot more and can cause more damage.

2. #82 As Above So Below, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Fuck beat me to it :p

And I actually feel like I remember things better when I'm high... When I study for a test things seem to stick easier. I can recall what I did when I was stoned with relative ease so studying actually becomes easier. Smoke a joint and study something that mildly interests me and I'm good.

But if I smoke all day everyday my brain feels a little slow. But the next day I feel 100% fine. If/when I start to smoke again I will more than likely only do it on the weekends.

3. #83 Speedymotor, Aug 2, 2012
    Holy shit marijuana does not cause you to be stupid

4. #84 iJetLife, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    Smoking weed is like being in a river with many fish coming your way and swimming by. There are just too many slippery fish and you can't grab them all. Sometimes you completely miss catching a fish or accidently let one go. -Joe Rogan

It doesn't make you dumb. :rolleyes::bongin:

5. Instead of making you "stupider" I think it just focuses your interests and needs.

Example: I was feeling guilty for something that wasn't really my fault and I had an essay to do which I was procrastinating on. Smoked a bit and my anxiety left and I finished the essay (which I re-checked sober and only needed minor revisions). I realized the anxiety was silly and made me more productive.

You see the same thing with creative people. Sure they might be .00005% less likely to cure cancer but it focuses them into a different creative headspace. Making them "stupider" is a typical stoner stereotype.

6. My first break was bootcamp in the early`60's, no drug tests but hard to score when going through boot, and my next break was about a year ago and that was for a month.

So yes, I do smoke everyday with very few breaks, 2, and far apart, 44 years.

I also have a MMJ "card".

7. Ive smoked for 7 years nonstop all day everyday, I dont blaze before or at work tho only when I get home

And my memory is great I remember most shit even random stuff like conversations from a month ago or anything really

Plus im a smart mofo Ive never had trouble understanding anything especially stoned...

I think weed is great it might make some dumb people extra dumb cause there stoned out but its not making them dumber.

In a way it makes you smarter... Not like book smart but more enlightened

I cant imagine how I would think nowadays without it, cause in a way it opened my mind a little.

8. You should continue living your life based on Yahoo Answers... I hear it gets you places.

9. #89 TheTHCwhisperer, Aug 2, 2012
    Sounds like you have ADHD. Not hating just making an observation. My son has it and his uncle does too. My son is only 13 but some day he may benifit from it. His uncle for sure has benifitted from smoking. He focuses better and gets less inpulsive. Meaning I don't have to back him in fights every time we go out.

10. Shes already been in here... Read the thread....

11. Stoned42, could you post a worthwhile thread? Every time I see any of your threads or posts I just think, wow this is either a really dumb 15 YO or a troll.

12. it definitly affects your memory i forget what im watching when the tv goes on an ad break!

13. Yahoo answers is a joke.. in terms of getting credible information on cannabis or any drug you can imagine, stick to erowid. And if the information you are looking for isn't on there, the fine folks on this forum and various others usually can fill you in. I swear, half the people on yahoo answers are 15 years old.. the other half are cops.

14. #94 Buccibuds, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    If you are a stupid person you are going to be stupid, whether you smoke bud or not.

15. That might be just you then. Like I said I study high and I do just fine.

16. Fuck, just look at Granny's list! Pretty much all her sources are by credible sites/people/researchers.

17. [quote name='"t-fizz"']

Shes already been in here... Read the thread....[/quote]

Ye bra a sec after i posted that i saw granny and edited it

18. Your first mistake was taking anything you heard on Y! Answers as credible.

19. I don't need to focus on smoking when i smoke, I just do it. back when I was was still in high school I could study in my textbook and take a hit at the same time :smoke:

20. Oh btw while we are talking, can I put a bit of water in my mini glass pipe haha thanks :)