cannabis law and our fed govt

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by rollingstoner1, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ladies and gentlemen, lets all just take a deep breath and take all that we have heard so far and say fuck it... one day at a time until trump actually comes right out and says" no more legalizing marijuana"..i have studied this problem since i woke up, and yes, there are things the govt can do to deal with the legalization, dont ever think there are not ways, because there is..im no govt attorny but from what i have studied, there are avenues the feds can go down if they really want to..now i hope the laws dont change at all.
    but history has shown all of us that when the fed govt decides to deal with something...,,it is always done thier way, or no way.. just take a deep breath folks..maybe we can still get through this.....somehow.....someway

• Like Like x 1
  2. I find it very interesting how you conclude that Trump wants to reverse cannabis laws when he has said nothing remotely close. He has said he will keep it up to the states.

• Like Like x 1
  3. well...evidently you dont read the boston globe

• Like Like x 1
  4. States/people's vote > Federal

• Like Like x 1
  5. or watch cnn or fox news too close..ask your friends on here or better yet...go check out the marijuana laws section of this forum...you"ll see

6. Marijuana is illegal on a federal level and the states where it's legal are doing just fine. He can't force the states to change their laws, the worst he could do is try to send in the feds to fuck things up. If you want to be paranoid that he will do that be my guest but it's not going to happen because there's no incentive to do it.

7. its illegal where i live so quite frankly, i dont care if it all gets fucked up...its not going to hurt me one bit

• Like Like x 1
  8. How's this for incentive: Like the sanctuary cities...threaten to with hold Federal funds! That will hurt states like Cali..Nevada is broke too, but still is not permitted by law, to have a State Income Tax! The thought of this sucks.
    problem is that i DO LIKE SOME OF WHAT HE IS DOING...not his methods. I TOO DISLIKE THE PRESS BUT THEY ARE A NECESSARY EVIL. This appears to be a prelude to even worse by this admin.

9. Still can't change the state laws so this paranoia is for nothing. California had medical dispensaries raided in the past, didn't stop them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Preparation is not Paranoia. I do think if I were a potential investor, in Recreational in Nevada (some Dispensarys are looking), I would be waiting a bit. In the North, this is particularly true due to us having only a few to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It can be, ever watch doomsday preppers? I mean yeah as an investor, sure things could get rocky so that makes sense. I'm just saying for the average consumer I don't see why they would be worried.

• Like Like x 1
  12. They can't directly change laws, but they can pull funding from the state and a number of other things that may make the state think "you know what, we are losing way too much money now, we need to repeal recreational and get our highway/prison funds back"...I am not saying it is going to happen, I really, really hope it doesn't, but I wouldn't take any stock in what Trump said before he was elected, he has already gone back on many things he said prior to becoming president so if he went back on this I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

13. You guys realize we didn't elect Chris Christie right? I see what you're saying but like you said the possibility seems quite low.

14. I understand your concern. Trump administration is filled with assholes. If he reverses legalization, does he honestly think we will stop smoking it? No, we will grow our own. The cartels will be back in a multi-billion dollar business. What choices do we have? Alcohol? Prescription meds? Huffing inhalants? Syntehetic weed? Fuck that shit. We know better. Marijuana does not lead to opiate addiction, the LACK of MMJ leads to it. Why? Because trump wants to protect his oil, so he sends our brothers over to the mid east to die for it. Totally un-neccesary. Then that leaves us at home to deal with it. Through sobriety? Oh hell no, this is America! We want our weed!