Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis is not a drug

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by corydub, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Cool, I'm banishing the following words:

Puppy
    Planet
    Reasoning
    Orange
    Road
    Super
    Logic
    Sex
    Definition
    Cold
    Taco

2. So, you don't think it's a drug. Yet you don't call it a plant either?

3. the majority of society misuses the word "drug"

so we have several pro-cannabis people on these forums trying to defend it saying. "It's not a drug!"

To put it simply, yes guys. it is a drug. it alters the mind. don't think of cocaine and heroin when you hear drug.

Caffeine is a drug. Alcohol is a drug. Cannabis is damn near one of the safest drugs available.

4. apparently the same people that are claiming weed isn't a drug seem to think anything that's labeled a drug means it kills you XDDD

5. Yeah its a plant & it can be a drug too, but I prefer not to call cannabis or anything u'd call a drug considering I know what it does and I do not need to call it a drug. You can replace words in the english language, people do it all the time. Instead how about narcotic or pharmaceutical or poison or medicinal item. Whichever u'd like. Drugs are all of these things. So to specify I call it further what it is rather than "DRUGS", because if I say weed and drugs it makes herb open to anything. I specify it to my own lexicon.

6. DRUGS ARE CHEMICALS. cannabis is a plant.

7. This is what I call a drug war :D

8. #108 ZipLockBag, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
    Yes you can substitute words, but it doesn't change the fact that weed IS a drug. No matter what YOU want to call it.

Whats wrong with the word drug? I am proudly a drug user.

Chemicals can be produced naturally . Cannabis is a plant, but the THC in it, the stuff you smoke it for, is a naturally produced drug.

"A substance having a specific molecular composition, obtained by or used in a chemical process."

Hmmm thc has a specific composition. And hey it can be used in chemical process, like when you make hash with it using solvents, or when you use heat to activate it to inhale it.

9. Its not a moral issue to me it is a verbal issue that I particularly see "drug" as a vanilla term that can be used however the user sees fit. Like racial terms. If I call a man any derogatory racial term many people will know what I am talking about but the use of it is also questionable. I question the use of the word and what it'll mean as far as how we use it later (maybe to be used against us). I have no problem being labled a drug addict. More specifically I am a pothead. Plus who says its a drug ?

I'm afraid my analogy will be turned upside down however but fuck it, bring it :devious:

10. THC isnt a chemical?

11. Plus I think what the other "not a drug crew" means to say is that herb is not a man-made chemical or maybe its like comparing hash to actual buds. (use of other substance to produce it ?)

I try give logic to all pov's :D

12. I know what they mean. They think that because you dont have to do a whole lot to it, its not a drug. You dont have to mix it with baking powder, stir it up, I dont know the recipe Im just sayn...

13. You can find alcohol in nature, too. Without any human intervention.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, folks. If you don't want to call cannabis a drug, you are in denial and you don't make yourself look very intelligent. And if you ever hope to change people's minds (people who might not support cannabis legislation), you will never be taken seriously. Hell, even I can't take anybody like that seriously.

14. #114 The Audion, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
    Cannabis is a plant. Cannabinoids are the chemicals we use for their psychoactive properties.

/thread

15. I REALLY wanna see TS start this in season tokers and have a mod let it go for a few pages. lulz would be ensued.

16. OK who remembers D.A.R.E. ?

17. I was the best in my class during dare week.

18. Can't wait to see how this is relevant.

19. it's relevant cuz they said weed was a drug in their little presentation.

Didn't they hand around a bag of weed to show everyone what it looks like??:confused:

20. It wasn't until u made me think about it. Do you think your definition of drug matches that of Mr. Mackey or what a DARE counselor may tell you ?